Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's my situation, i love my factory head unit, its great it has everything i need and i use ALL of its features. Now the problem is there needs to be a nice way to hookup your ipod. I tried the ipod integration kit, wow disconnected it after a week what a waste of money, way too slow and impossible to find a song while driving :). I tried the FM transmitters, EWW ****ing static everywhere, and i have had a few not what im looking for. Another problem is my subs and interiors are being held back so badly by the radio, i have two type R 12's and each one to a 1000watt amp. Let me tell you that they do not hit as hard as you would think they would. Also the bass cutoff at 28 volume SUCKS. I need a way to hookup my ipod without static, get the best out of my interior and subs (aftermarket interiors), and still not spend $3000 on a new head unit. Also i do not want to lose the uconnect i use it all the time, I really want to keep the stock head unit. Any help?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Which head unit do you have?? The single CD has an AUX jack for an IPOD, my 6 in dash doesn't, but I heard a rumor that there was one around the back, but I don't know that for a fact, I may have been lied to. As for the subs, I've never had my volume to 28 to know about the cutoff, lol. But if you look into phoenix gold has line drivers. On stock head units, your output voltage to your amp is about 2 volts, aftermarket have up to 5V, if you hook up a line driver you can boost that to 8V and make your amp work harder and more efficient. I hope this helps.

http://www.phoenixgold.com/2004/linedrivers.html

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I have the navi in dash 6 changer. I really dont know much about head units can you explain this line driver a little more.
Yeah basically, the signal that your head unit puts out, comes in different strengths, stock one's suck!!! Aftermarket have pre-amp outputs of up to 5V, with a line driver, it amplifies the power of the signal to the amplifier up to 8V, it is variable. Therefore your amp is amplifying an 8V signal rather than about a 2V from the factory, you follow??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts