Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...........i go and look at my car today at the body shop....and my dads friend who owns it says you want to look at your car(i need books for school,inc. card and all that) so im sitting in the pass. seat and i see the warning sticker on the visor peeling so i yank on it and it tears....looks terriable......glue underneath.....but its halfway off so i cant stop............anyone know how to get it off....and the glue off?????????????????????????????????????????

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Use a damp cloth and an iron or heat gun. There have been several on here that have removed them and have done write ups. Try a search.

Good luck!

·
Registered
246 Posts
How about a Warning: Do not Remove This Sticker sticker?
Soon this car will have more warning stickers than a step ladder:)

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Have you ever noticed all the warnings/signs/labels all over a military aircraft? :knockout: I'm surprised cars don't look like that already!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I did this but the glue residue on the passenger side was worse then the driver's side and it was a ROYAL pain in the ass. First, let me save you the time and disregard what you may read regarding GOO GONE. GOO GONE is good stuff but it won't work on remaining residude since you peeled off the warning sticker. I did both of mine and the driver's side took most of the adhesive off with it.

The passenger side I tried 2 different types of GOO GONE. The first was the regular "citrus orange" and the 2nd was the sticker peeler remover. Neither did a great job even when letting it set a while. And I had to do about 20 BACK AND FORTH DAMP CLOTH WIPES to remove all the goo gone so it didn't stain my visors. All in all they look a hell of a lot better then they did with the airbag warning stickers.

You can't tell unless you're really right up on them -- and i'm sure over time the sun beating down on the visors with the light coat of adhesive remaining will disentigrate it. If you want to fade out the sticker adhesive just go to autozone and get the GOO GONE sticker remover and use a tooth brush to set it in good. Let it sit about 15-20 minutes and get a damp hot microfiber cloth and just wipe the visors clean. It won't completely remove the adhesive but it will do a good job and over a little time it should be completely non-noticeable. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts