Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So..... I am cannibalizing a 2014 police 5.7L AWD and finding some interesting things. Or at least previously unknown to me.
I got the dual fans from it when doing my supercharger build.
Browsing 3.06 diffs I discovered (some) regular non-pursuit AWD's have a 3.07 diff and smaller axles 200mm with less splines.

This pursuit is a 2014 with 3.06 gears and console shifting and the non-spoked steel wheels. A Vin search shows this as well as the 215mm axles. Is this well known to be true by the masses here?

I have heard of some pursuits having the Street appearance package but they have cast wheels.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Pursuits have the 215mm axles, which are typically larger than standard civilian cars. You can get a build sheet for your car and it will tell you what mm axles you have. If you do not have the 215mm option you will need hubs as well.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kept digging after my post Thanks,

It's the V6 AWD cars that get 200mm & 3.07 gears, but haven't confirmed if a pursuit V6 AWD has the same setup.
Anyways, I'm not installing a Getrag, I have a 3.06 Open in route. My driving style and wallet do not mandate an LSD.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I kept digging after my post Thanks,

It's the V6 AWD cars that get 200mm & 3.07 gears, but haven't confirmed if a pursuit V6 AWD has the same setup.
Anyways, I'm not installing a Getrag, I have a 3.06 Open in route. My driving style and wallet do not mandate an LSD.

I didn't mention the LSD here? Just that Pursuits came with the 215mm axles and you may need hubs if yours did not to fit the 3.06 open. Would have to count inboard and outboard splines to be sure.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah! Pardon my reading Dyslexia? Please.
I have been ambushed before but my research including running VIN numbers through the dealership. I also have the VIN for the car its being pulled from both show 215mm.

I have been dealing with Veldmans Auto Parts (Salvage Yard) and its been nothing but positive. HERE is a link of one of the cars I have been getting parts from. The link is for the rear diff, and as you can see they have stripped the data out of the add it because its sold.

I'll report.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ah! Pardon my reading Dyslexia? Please.
I have been ambushed before but my research including running VIN numbers through the dealership. I also have the VIN for the car its being pulled from both show 215mm.

I have been dealing with Veldmans Auto Parts (Salvage Yard) and its been nothing but positive. HERE is a link of one of the cars I have been getting parts from. The link is for the rear diff, and as you can see they have stripped the data out of the add it because its sold.

I'll report.

Did you get a photo of that diff? I noticed it says 3.07 ratio. A 3.07 ratio would be a 15+ I am sure and will not work in the 14 and older cars.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good Catch there!

The V6 AWD's get the 3.07 and the spline counts are in the high 20's, the 3.06 has spline counts in the low 30's.. It should be a miss-type because I have the VIN build sheet.

I stopped typing here and called them. They assured me its a miss-type, checked the VIN build sheet again for me and told me not to worry he would put his hands and eyes on it when they pull it today.

Thanks for looking over my shoulder.
I have to say I like that car, V8 AWD pursuit, with extreme cooling, floor shift, I bet it has the oil cooler. I just don't want to get into that change the hoses project. Must have been a sergeants car? Only 39k miles.

Here is a LINK to the build sheet in case you see anything you like.

These guys are reasonable, someone should poll them for the BR9's.

Thanks Again, I'll still be nervous until I open the box.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Good Catch there!

The V6 AWD's get the 3.07 and the spline counts are in the high 20's, the 3.06 has spline counts in the low 30's.. It should be a miss-type because I have the VIN build sheet.

I stopped typing here and called them. They assured me its a miss-type, checked the VIN build sheet again for me and told me not to worry he would put his hands and eyes on it when they pull it today.

Thanks for looking over my shoulder.
I have to say I like that car, V8 AWD pursuit, with extreme cooling, floor shift, I bet it has the oil cooler. I just don't want to get into that change the hoses project. Must have been a sergeants car? Only 39k miles.

Here is a LINK to the build sheet in case you see anything you like.

These guys are reasonable, someone should poll them for the BR9's.

Thanks Again, I'll still be nervous until I open the box.
Coolant hoses would be the easiest part of an oil cooler swap. Getting the threaded deal out of the block for the oil cooler I've read is the nightmare!

Let us know when you get it. I see no reason why it shouldn't work (tech exact same diff as my car.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts