Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my predator yesterday and already beat a 2008 mustang shelby500 convertible (black with a gold racing stripe down the middle) looked just like the Hertz fun collection version so who knows mite be a rental. The first time we both timed the light and peeled off for a good 4 city blocks and i got to the next light about 1/4 of a car ahead, then on the second pass i got a small rolling start in 2nd then dropped the hammer to first and floored it, the tires chirped hard while he lost a lil traction flooring it from 1st on street tires, giving me just enough of a boost to take the lead and im proud to say he never took it back, the fun part was that as he was catching up a 45 degree turn came fast and we both went sideways stopping at the next light, i had the inside and took him for a good 1 1/2 cars, at the light he looked at the hemi badge and said "those hemis are nasty" the driver acted kinda snotty with that at least i have a convertible attitude but i know he was hurt knowing he didnt have the fastest car on the strip that night.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
woooohoooooooooooo

Excellent Kill!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
you would need a rocket up your ass to beat a shelby gt500. also, the color scheme isnt right. you prob ran a gt-h which is nothing special as far as perf goes.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
you would need a rocket up your ass to beat a shelby gt500. also, the color scheme isnt right. you prob ran a gt-h which is nothing special as far as perf goes.
I wouldn't be so quick to dis-believe him. I "know" I've taken out a couple 500's

They actually made the Shleby in that color it just is not the 500HP one. They have one at the dealer here....

Boy, that sure is some badassed looking car you got there! Does it "go" any good, or is it just for "show" ????:rolleyes:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just got my predator yesterday and already beat a 2008 mustang shelby500 convertible (black with a gold racing stripe down the middle) looked just like the Hertz fun collection version so who knows mite be a rental. The first time we both timed the light and peeled off for a good 4 city blocks and i got to the next light about 1/4 of a car ahead, then on the second pass i got a small rolling start in 2nd then dropped the hammer to first and floored it, the tires chirped hard while he lost a lil traction flooring it from 1st on street tires, giving me just enough of a boost to take the lead and im proud to say he never took it back, the fun part was that as he was catching up a 45 degree turn came fast and we both went sideways stopping at the next light, i had the inside and took him for a good 1 1/2 cars, at the light he looked at the hemi badge and said "those hemis are nasty" the driver acted kinda snotty with that at least i have a convertible attitude but i know he was hurt knowing he didnt have the fastest car on the strip that night.
What mods do you have besides the Predator tuning?

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I wouldn't be so quick to dis-believe him. I "know" I've taken out a couple 500's

Boy, that sure is some badassed looking car you got there! Does it "go" any good, or is it just for "show" ????:rolleyes:
lol, was the 500 parked? im sorry man, but he doesnt even need to hit 3rd to waste your built up 5.7. your around the same power as a stock SRT right? a stock SRT couldnt hang with a 500.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I saw a shelby gt 500 at the track and the guys said his best time of the night was 13.5 because he couldn't hook. There was rubber on the back of his car because he was roasting them so much.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I just got my predator yesterday and already beat a 2008 mustang shelby500 convertible (black with a gold racing stripe down the middle) looked just like the Hertz fun collection version so who knows mite be a rental. ....
It was most likely a rented 2008 Mustang GT-H convetible ... a car with about 320 hp, definitely not the supercharged 5.4L 500-horse GT500

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
320 hp in a lighter car (Yeah I know the convertible is heavier) makes for a close match no matter how you slice it. A 500 HP car in the hands of someone who doesnt know how to use itis also prey. Also, the kill isn't JUST the car..... the kill is also of the driver. Their car doesn't say to me "I'm gonna smoke you suckah" its the driver who says that, and at the end of the day, it is the driver, and not the car, that eats crow.
Good kill!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts