Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
What model charger do you have? Im assuming your reffering to the lower bumper insert where the srt-8s come factory with the blk honeycomb mesh and no other models do. If thats the case, a few people have made threads trying to locate it and no one ever seems to have an answer. Im good at finding things through yahoo and google, ive searched for 2 or 3 hours and could not find that lower grille piece, all i found was the part number which I didnt bother writing down b/c after another hour search with the part number still nothing

With all the companys making the Billet grille and mesh lower inserts, and suprised and dissapointed no one is offering the blk honeycomb mesh, there is a high demand for it

·
Registered
79 Posts
What model charger do you have? Im assuming your reffering to the lower bumper insert where the srt-8s come factory with the blk honeycomb mesh and no other models do. If thats the case, a few people have made threads trying to locate it and no one ever seems to have an answer. Im good at finding things through yahoo and google, ive searched for 2 or 3 hours and could not find that lower grille piece, all i found was the part number which I didnt bother writing down b/c after another hour search with the part number still nothing

With all the companys making the Billet grille and mesh lower inserts, and suprised and dissapointed no one is offering the blk honeycomb mesh, there is a high demand for it
I search myself for a lower honeycombe grille for my R/T, and I can't find anything. I like the why the SRT-8 looks with the grille and if they made it for the R/T, I will definitly get one.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Is the lower opening the same as the one in the SRT? If so I am sure you could get the SRT grille and attach it somehow..

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the lower opening the same as the one in the SRT? If so I am sure you could get the SRT grille and attach it somehow..
No, its thinner and is just an open area...i guess for incoming air to cool the brakes...but thats lame that no one fabricated a grille for this area...

·
Registered
376 Posts
I saw a thread recently on another forum where someone made that peice work in there I think. Let me look around and if I find it I will post it up.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
there are still other ways around it, You can modify the srt-8 piece to fit but I havent found anyone online selling them, so I guess that means full dealer price.

You can get a blk honeycomb mesh dodge magnum grille which is a huge piece you can cut and modify for the correct fit

I just wished there was a bolt on that didnt require modification

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I search myself for a lower honeycombe grille for my R/T, and I can't find anything. I like the why the SRT-8 looks with the grille and if they made it for the R/T, I will definitly get one.
yeh, it kinda forces u to get the srt8 front fascia...that crap better come with the mesh for the upper and lower area.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I saw a thread recently on another forum where someone made that peice work in there I think. Let me look around and if I find it I will post it up.
Saw the same thread. http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=199491#post199491 The guy took a normal honeycomb insert and cut it into 4 pieces. Only 3 needed for the lower fascia. It worked, but he has some issues finding a suitable adhesive. I believe he tried silicon first, and decided on construction adhesive (something like Liquid Nails?) but I don't remember seeing anything on long-term experience.

I actually have an insert I'm going to try it with (thanks to BosChargerRT).

·
Registered
846 Posts
There is an insert piece of the lower grille made by member MoPower, it takes off the top grille design, found his website...
http://www.dankoreproductions.com/index.php

On the LXforums, member 36Chambers added a SRT8 lower grille to the back of his bumper, you can find the thread in Misc LX Mods Section...

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
^^^ Yea, Ive been thinking about getting that one for awhile now but it would need something in it or its too plain. I might get that and put gun-metal silver (not chrome) woven wire mesh in it, and replace the honeycomb inserts on my grille with the same mesh

·
Registered
846 Posts
^^^ Would pop out on ur sublime, but i wouldnt take it as far as replacing the daytona mesh, unless u get a new daytona mesh grille, and cut the top parts out and trim it to the MoPower insert... That way the trimming would be consealled behind the insert's frame... Or thats jus how i would do it, i backed off of it cuz i have a black car and number plate, would be hard to spot it... I might get it when im out of mods...heheh

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Saw the same thread. http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=199491#post199491 The guy took a normal honeycomb insert and cut it into 4 pieces. Only 3 needed for the lower fascia. It worked, but he has some issues finding a suitable adhesive. I believe he tried silicon first, and decided on construction adhesive (something like Liquid Nails?) but I don't remember seeing anything on long-term experience.

I actually have an insert I'm going to try it with (thanks to BosChargerRT).
Wow, thanks for the link..dude did some serious modding...i aint car savvy to do that :(

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is an insert piece of the lower grille made by member MoPower, it takes off the top grille design, found his website...
http://www.dankoreproductions.com/index.php

On the LXforums, member 36Chambers added a SRT8 lower grille to the back of his bumper, you can find the thread in Misc LX Mods Section...

His prices are too expensive...he has the lip spoiler that ive been searching for awhile...usually they go around 80-100 bucks...and 71 bucks is the cheapest ive seen...he has is for 195 bucks...no thanks

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The Mopower spoiler is not the same as the OEM version. It is a little wider (i.e. projects a bit further from the front), and curves right around the front chin, which the OEM version does not. It is a superior product, which also attaches easier, I believe. Hence it costs more. All depends on the look you are trying to achieve, and how much you are willing to pay. If I was looking for a chin spoiler, the Mopower would be it. Here's a link to some Mopower pics

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31381

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Mopower spoiler is not the same as the OEM version. It is a little wider (i.e. projects a bit further from the front), and curves right around the front chin, which the OEM version does not. It is a superior product, which also attaches easier, I believe. Hence it costs more. All depends on the look you are trying to achieve, and how much you are willing to pay. If I was looking for a chin spoiler, the Mopower would be it. Here's a link to some Mopower pics

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31381
Oh I see, originally I was sent to mopwer site regarding mods to the open area above the lip...as I went to his site I saw the prices and left immediately thinking it was outrageous prices for a regular chin spoiler...but I was wrong...it looks really nice...but my intentions are to get mesh/honeycomb and put it in the area i explained above...or just waste 5-900 dollars for a used srt8 fascia...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts