Charger Forums banner

Did you get into the Group Buy?

• HELL YEAH!

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • Nah, not for me

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • I WAS THIS CLOSE ON GETTING ONE AND NOW THAT IT ENDED, I WILL REGRET IT FOREVER!

Votes: 5 10.2%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know how many fellow members of the forum got into this group sale.... I bought mine yesterday at 11:00 pm (CDT) I guess I was the last one to jump in this group buy! lol!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok....... so only one is in this wagon with me..... interesting......

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I got in on July 21.......damn I hope this thing ships this weekend I paid for overnight shipping. Not upset by the delays just really wanting this programmer

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Should have an option in the pole for "waiting to see what others think"
cause thats what I'm doing...............

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I paid the morning after the group buy was released. It was a saturday.

Edit: Oh btw I guess you decided to wait for the predator then buy a used superchips Jarpod.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I paid the morning after the group buy was released. It was a saturday.

Edit: Oh btw I guess you decided to wait for the predator then buy a used superchips Jarpod.
Nah.... I went directly for the predator..... I was getting some used superchips for 280 and the new predator was only 344 so its not much of a money difference. Considering the fact that the predator is supposed to have way more features than the superchips!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Nah.... I went directly for the predator..... I was getting some used superchips for 280 and the new predator was only 344 so its not much of a money difference. Considering the fact that the predator is supposed to have way more features than the superchips!
More features does not necessarily mean a better product. I say about 80% of people who get these programmers don't mess with custom stuff like gears, fuel ratios, etc....they will just use the simple, more HP, pre-programmed goodies...like I did with the Superchips.

- Mark

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
More features does not necessarily mean a better product. I say about 80% of people who get these programmers don't mess with custom stuff like gears, fuel ratios, etc....they will just use the simple, more HP, pre-programmed goodies...like I did with the Superchips.

- Mark
Sure but some options alot of people will use like fan temps, mds on/off. Plus Diablo seems to have a very good reputation for what they've done with the other cars so far. But like everyone says we won't know until we have them in our hand, but their dyno's and the beta testers who've actually had the canned tunes on their cars seem very impressed.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
balls to the walls and got in on the GB from PPP. too bad this is the "HHP" thread or something so i wont add to the pole

besides. im getting mine custom tuned as soon as it comes in and i have my new exhaust system in.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I ordered mine about two weeks ago. Sure hoping it ships on 9/17 like they say!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I cant wait to hear all ya alls reviews of the preditor!!!
I'm a weanie and waited on the Superchips, and bought one used...maybe the same for the preditor

·
Registered
391 Posts
I ordered mine 1 min after the codes where posted.They said I'm in the top ten for ordering which probably means nothing:lol:

But i hope i get it before i go to the track next friday:knockout:

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I talked to Josh at HHP yesterday (Thursday). He said he expects Diablosport to ship on Monday or Tuesday and they'll turn them around and start shipping Tuesday or Wednesday. That means overnights should be arriving Wed/Thu. That's if nothing else goes wrong. :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
have you guys seen my other thread in which im afraid about engine longevity?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would never get a tune in the mail. A custom tune on a dyno is way better to release the performance potential of your car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts