Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

last month my big brother gave me his 5.7 charger, and it is has the following mods:

mopar long tube

mopar CAI

air ride spacer

JBA Exhaust

superchip

stage 3 cam , 100 shot but not installed

yesterday i tested it on the only dyno in my counrty and the result was 340rwhp.. without the nos..

becuse of the huge numbers of supercharged and turbocharged c6's , z06's and mustangs, i decided to join the comptetion to change the puplic opinion about the charger.

i want to reach a 600hp or 650hp ( 700hp if possible ) and i have engouh mony to do this but i don't now how .. so i decided to remove some mods or all of them to start a new project .

currently i decided to order :

1. 392 New Hemi Street Legend Hemi Rotating Kit.. by power ported performance

2. F-1A procharger Intercooled superchager kit ( with additional 10+ psi pulley + Custom Tuned Programmer +(8) 39-lb Fuel Injectors + (8) NGK V-power Spark Plugs ) .. from rpmoutlet.com

my questions are.

how about the Cylinder Heads,trq converter, Exhaust System and headrs ..?

how to ensure that my transmission will not be damaged ?

what other mods should i order to ensure that my car will eat the z06's ?

thanxx all

ALI

·
Registered
391 Posts
if money isnt an issue go for the 426

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
man u got one nice brother! lol

i dont really know what the end results would be. i dont know of anyone who's done it. i'm sure if you had 700 hp you'd be in the same league as them though. i can tell you that you are going to have to rebuild the whole back end. the transmission cant handle very much. to answer your questions those headers are good ones. and if you like the sound, then JBA is as good as any other exhaust.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I thought the trany was plenty strong enough, able to hold 650-700 hp? its everything behind it that is going to explode on you. diff, half shafts, the 2 piece drive shaft U joint...... That stuff wont take the HP.

BUT as someone else said if money isnt an option go with the crate 426 =D the 392 is sweet though, I just saw one last weekend. oh and get some GOOOOOD breaks hahaha.

·
Registered
467 Posts
1. 392 New Hemi Street Legend Hemi Rotating Kit.. by power ported performance

2. F-1A procharger Intercooled superchager kit ( with additional 10+ psi pulley + Custom Tuned Programmer +(8) 39-lb Fuel Injectors + (8) NGK V-power Spark Plugs ) .. from rpmoutlet.com
are you sure it only needs 8 spark plugs? if its basically the same engine as the 5.7/345, then you need 16. by the way how many do SRT8 6.1 have?

·
Registered
377 Posts
RichEnvE_RT ----two per cylinder...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The forged 392 is a solid base to start with,BUY make sure they under stand that your going to SC it and be honest where you looking to get the boost levels too. I think the 5.7 is a bad choice for what your looking to do.

I would suggest The Hemi Shop or Franks Racing to get the heads done. Scott and Steve are great guys and cant get you sorded out with quality parts.

Both THS and FRI can get you sorted on a cam for that as well.

The 5.7 block is going to be your weak link when looking to push that much power, you might want to look into a 6.1 blocked complete package from THS or PPP vs the 392 rotating assembly. Then build on that with a blower package.

Good luck

-R

·
Registered
616 Posts
I hope you get your blower from rpmoutlet.com b/c I know people (including myself) that have been shafted by the company. It isn't pretty when you have to get the credit card company involved FYI

·
Registered
416 Posts
Mopar 540 aluminum hemi supercharged engine —900+ HP

if you got the cash

1 - 13 of 13 Posts