Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turn the key to start position for 3 seconds while driving at least 20mph until you hear a beep and your BAS CAS lights comes on. I did this and it works, the car drives great in this mode. My Charger had better throttle response, the power was more consistant, and the brakes felt different too. My question to the community is,,,,,,
does it hurt anything to drive around in this mode all the time???

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Turn the key to start position for 3 seconds while driving at least 20mph until you hear a beep and your BAS CAS lights comes on. I did this and it works, the car drives great in this mode. My Charger had better throttle response, the power was more consistant, and the brakes felt different too. My question to the community is,,,,,,
does it hurt anything to drive around in this mode all the time???
Your throttle response was the same as before, the brakes felt the same unless pushed REAL hard, the power wasn't really changed.

It won't hurt the car driving like that all day, unless you do something stupid, at which point the car will refuse to save your ass.

It shuts down traction control, vector control and ABS, that's it.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Except for the fact that it also disables the antilock brake system, you should be okay. Just hope you don't have a need to stop real sudden (like in heavy traffic or open highway at or above speed)! There are many threads discussing this 'Easter egg' for our cars, but it only works on mid-2006 and newer models. Have fun and be careful out there.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
2012 too? Would this work after starting the push button.. then holding the button?

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
2012 too? Would this work after starting the push button.. then holding the button?
As far as I know, no one's been able to find any easter eggs in the new cars.

·
Registered
676 Posts
As far as I know, no one's been able to find any easter eggs in the new cars.
I think the only thing so far is the buttons you can press to save screenshots to the SD card.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
"Easter Egg" is a funny term. I never heard that before. I guess that means like a unexpected surprise, or a freebe or something.

It's a software thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_%28media%29

I used to love playing the Doom type game on Excel 95

Google maps has easter eggs... get directions from one continent, separated by water, to another continent i.e. Japan to California. Includes "Kayak across the Pacific ocean"

Reactions: N8ECH

·
Registered
249 Posts
I did this today, I didn't notice any benefit

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
I did this today, I didn't notice any benefit

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
It turns off traction control, allowing burnouts and donuts...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
It turns off traction control, allowing burnouts and donuts...
I hear one of the chain stores gives away the burnt ones...:biggrinjester:

Mmmm, donuts...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hold the traction control button down for 10 seconds. Pretty much the same thing.
I tried holding the traction control on my 2007 R/T and it doesn't do anything. I'm guessing they probably change things like this around with each year model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts