Charger Forums banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
I have just bought a used Charger 2006, RT. Based in the Gulf, its a GCC spec model. I have the engine cutting off while driving and while in idle mode as well. I re-crank and it works fine.
The front suspension makes a cracking sound when driven over rough roads.
Please advice solutions to these issues.

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm not even sure if I'm in the right spot, seeing as the last post was from 2007, but here goes. My 09 SXT makes a terrible grinding noise whenever I drive over uneven road or brake a little harder than usual. Someone told me that my bushings are more than likely going out.. my question is, what's an approriate price range for new bushings? I'm seeing anywhere from $20 to $200. Thanks

· Registered
4 Posts
So JW...how does one determine whether 17" rims (steelies) will actually fit R/T? I called service dept. @ dealer, he says they will,
GTO_04 says they won't fit bc of brakes? Has anyone actually put 17s on their R/T? I hear you get better traction with a skinny smaller tire and snow shoes about $100 less for 17s then 18s

· Registered
2020 Dodge Charger SP WB Granite
27 Posts
I hope this is the right thread so here goes....

I have a 2020 Charger Widebody, live in Europe where some countries require winter tires in order to legally drive from 15 Oct - 15 Apr. As some of you have probably already found out, winter tires for 305/35R20 are limited to Pirelli Sottozero at around $750 each. I am requesting your input on 3 options.

1. pay the $3000

2. Found a Pirelli 305/30R20 here in Italy for a bit less but they are made for a Ferrari. I am not sure if 5mm less on the side wall is detrimental or if them being made for a Ferrari would have any bearing.

3. Try to fit a smaller width on the rims to get a lower priced tire. I am just not sure what is the smallest I can go without compromising he integrity if the rim/tire. I have seen a post that someone did 295s.

I do not want to buy new rims as my wife is already sensitive enough about the cost of the car and now the tires. Changing the tires on the rim twice a year is not very expensive comparatively. Salt is not used on the roads here as much as in the states and I don’t particularly plan to drive in the snow if I can help it. I have a junker just for that. I just need to be legal.

I am ready for my beating 😬😁. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
2020 Dodge Charger SP WB Granite
27 Posts
275/35x20 is ok for an 11" wheel. The winter tires start at $260 at Tire Rack.
I see you found my other post 🤪. I posted here shortly after the other thread.

I appreciate the help. I tried to Tire Rack first but did not find the info for tire sizes with rims. $260 is a much better price than $700+ and I know they ship to APO so that is a plus.
Thanks again Wisconsin Bob

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 BlackTop Charger RWD. I think it is consider SXT.
Went to change my tires, and the mechanic recommends changing my shocks, since I am 100k+.
I am researching and don't know what struts and shocks assembly to buy, please advise.🙏🙏

· Registered
Powerful
549 Posts
Got the 2019 Scat Pack, but I did NOT get the wide body. That said, I think I would like to get some wider tires (and possibly at a wide body kit later). What is the largest (widest) size tire I can fit on the stock wheels?

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.