Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a long road folks but we are finally here!! We have been tiresly working for several months to finally wrap up this project for the SEMA auto show in Vegas this year.
About 95% of the feature car spots are outside in the parking lot, with only a few indoor spots available, so we boldly asked for the best one on the map, which was the center of the Grand Lobby! Fortunately for us, the VP of SEMA really liked our car and basically gave us the spot of our choice!! Mopars RULE!! and Thank you good sir!!

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Fascinating.

Will you be able to have it prepped and painted in time for November 4th?

Do you intend to go with the Blue or the Orange theme?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fascinating.

Will you be able to have it prepped and painted in time for November 4th?

Do you intend to go with the Blue or the Orange theme?
I sure hope so, it's been at the bodyshop since Wednesday. Very tight schedule. It's gonna be B5 Blue

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Sweeeet! Can't wait to see it done! :banana:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Can't wait to see it at SEMA! It'll be my first stop!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Take lots of pics...seriously...LOTS!

I will, don't you worry! The Mopar garage (as they've been calling it the past few years) is always one of the best exhibits at the entire show!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just got my new Rovos Durban wheels with Vredestein Ultrack Sessenta tires!
Huge 315/30/22 on the back and 265/30/22 on the front. Rear tires are about 1" taller so it will have a nice rake to it.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Great job as always Mo! A win for the 06-10 Chargers! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All front grille work on the Danko Charger is finally in full production :D Here is one of the first pieces out of the moulds!! Engineering and producing these 4 pieces alone were probably the most costly and difficult pieces of the entire project, which were the cause of several years delay to finishing this thing...THANK GOD They are finally done (and fit perfectly of course!)

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rear side marker lights finally got
installed into the new rear bumper. Of course I had to
first plot out the rear bumble bee stripe to get the exact location
for the lights.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The car is finally painted and rubbed out to perfection!! A big Thanks to the team at Big Dogg Customs in Opa Locka, Florida for making sure this baby is perfect for the greatest car show in the world! Now all we have to do is paint all the matte black, put it together and figure out how to get it to Vegas in time?!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update: too many bodyshop delays and not happy with paint work progress so far... Unfortunately we were forced to switch to a new bodyshop at the last minute to finish up all the paint work. Diffuser with honeycomb going on the bumper tonight. All black is getting painted tomorrow. Car is at finally at the mechanic's shop getting it's new wheels and coilover springs. She's gonna look good real soon!!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had to do an all nighter and thank God we made it just in time... we were just putting the wheels on when the trucked arrived. No time to even do a photoshoot, but still got a few pics before it left for SEMA..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts