Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else a bit disappointed with the Charger's color chart, given that the it's being marketed as an aggressive sporty sedan?

Five of the colors aren't "colors" at all. (two off-whites, two silvers, and the awesome-looking but impossible-to-keep-clean black.) Of the three remaining colors, the only "striking" one is the Inferno Red, which is a nice classic sports car color, but a bit cliche. Then there's the Midnight Blue, which I think is way too dark to look sporty, and Magnesium, which is one of those "love it or hate it" colors that I'm unfortunately on the hate side of. (I'm leaving the two Daytona colors out of this, because obviously those are in a different category.)

It seems to me that DCX should have been able to find a middle ground between drab, conservative colors like whites, silvers, and magnesium, and the bright but over-the-top (for some) colors of the Daytonas. I understand you can't have too many color choices, but with only 8 available, did we really need two whites and two silvers? How about an extra more fiery red, or a brighter and more striking blue? If you're trying to reach out to the sports car driver who wants something more practical, why not make more sporty colors available?

This is more of a rant than anything else... The colors aren't likely to change anytime soon, and the car is great in any color, so I don't think it's going to change my decision to buy. Still, I think DCX may move a lot more of these cars if they added a few bolder colors.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Agreed. They didnt offer enough of the lighter colors.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly. I think this is a huge shortcoming for both the 300 and Charger, but at least the Charger has red. Chrysler should take a look at the palette for the Mustang.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dutch said:
Chrysler should take a look at the palette for the Mustang.
Indeed! Even the Mustang had a couple of craptacular color palettes in 2000 and 2001, but in the last few years they've definitely corrected it. I absolutely love the bold "Atlantic Blue" color of my 1999 Mustang, which I think they're calling "Sonic Blue" now (a nod to Sonic the Hedgehog, possibly?) and there are several other colors that I'd love to see the Charger available in.

Any chance they'll increase the # of choices (or make substitutions) in the '06 model year?

·
Banned
99 Posts
tonycpsu said:
Indeed! Even the Mustang had a couple of craptacular color palettes in 2000 and 2001, but in the last few years they've definitely corrected it. I absolutely love the bold "Atlantic Blue" color of my 1999 Mustang, which I think they're calling "Sonic Blue" now (a nod to Sonic the Hedgehog, possibly?) and there are several other colors that I'd love to see the Charger available in.

Any chance they'll increase the # of choices (or make substitutions) in the '06 model year?
I understand there will be a SXT apearance package(might be a Canada only package like the Walter P Chrysler package on the 300 was) that will have the two new colors as options, spoiler, 18" wheels and "SXT" billboards like the Daytona.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hm I'll personally past on Go ManGo and Top Banana, but that's a start in the right direction.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If I remember.... There use to be Lime Green... Or I forget the name, but also a Purple...

Manic

·
Registered
16 Posts
I love my black charger, but yes, incredibly difficult to keep clean. I feel I will be spending a lot of time washing my car.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
after having my Dark Grey AV.... I dont think I will get another dark grey or black vehicle....

I wound up joining a deal a local car wash has going... 40 bucks a month for unlimited washes... and I was going about 2 times a week at times... but at least once a week...

Personally I like the charger in Red and Black.... its not bad in blue... I will just never buy a blue car..... personal pereference..... a couple of the colors I think will do well for the rental market.... but doubt they will sell that well, as they just do not fit the car....

Personally I think white is one color the charger should not be offered in... seeing a white charger in person last weekend... the color does not do the car justice....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, agreed on all points. My hope is that the Silver Steel color is dark enough to look bold and "Charger like", but light enough that it doesn't have the "needs washing every other day" problem. Isn't most road dirt dark gray, anyway? Should blend right in! :)

Wishful thinking, probably, and since I ordered it sight unseen, I really don't know until it shows up in a few weeks, but my fingers are crossed. If it doesn't work out that way, I'd prefer a bolder look, even if I have to wash it more than I'd like.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
tonycpsu said:
Isn't most road dirt dark gray, anyway? Should blend right in! :)
QUOTE]

Yep dirt blends right in with dark grey.... :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
At the closet D dealer to me they have an R/T that is in the Magnesium color. At first I thought it was the Steel Sliver, but after repeated drive-bys I figured out what it was. Has subtle hint of green to it. Its really not bad and would be my choice if I were getting the R/T. I currently have a Fiery Red Intrepid SXT, so I am just a little leary of going with another red car.

Working on getting my financial plan settled and hoping (like Daytona_R/T) to be ordering a Go ManGo Daytona within the next few weeks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts