Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard this term being thrown around and I want to know exactly what it is and how i can do it... I want to do some sort of upgrade to my baby this weekend.

I understand replacing three cables to 4 gauge or 2ga now which ones and is it easy to access, roughly how many feet will i need to buy?

·
Registered
47 Posts
#1 battery ground to Frame of car. Add an extra ground do not replace.

#2 Engine block to frame of car.

#3 the hard one on our cars the one i have not done yet. You have to run a power wire from the altenator to the postive post of the battery. You should fuse the cable cloose to the Alt. since it is such a long run of wire.

Also be sure all the ground points are to bare metal. And if your going to do it you may as well user 0 gauge wire.

Good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds complicated. Is it even worth doing? difference even noticiable?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
#1 battery ground to Frame of car. Add an extra ground do not replace.

#2 Engine block to frame of car.

#3 the hard one on our cars the one i have not done yet. You have to run a power wire from the altenator to the postive post of the battery. You should fuse the cable cloose to the Alt. since it is such a long run of wire.

Also be sure all the ground points are to bare metal. And if your going to do it you may as well user 0 gauge wire.

Good luck!
Good stuff! I did this with my Infiniti and need to for the charger!

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
There are those that feel it's required, but unless you start doing some serious upgrades, I don't believe it does anything.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It helps if you have a high power system in your car. I helps with headlight dimming and keeps you voltage from droping to low which is bad for you your amp or amps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts