Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pictures from my trip to Ottawa to pick up my new SuperBee!

Enjoy;

·
Registered
990 Posts
Congrats!!! Welcome to the Order of the HO Bees. Ha ha. If anyone is looking for one, there are at least three still in Calgary (Courtesy Chrysler, Crowfoot Dodge).

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Congrats! Nice ride

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Well, congrats to you!

Looks to me that those pics were taken in Kanata...not Ottawa!!! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Hey, I just noticed those calipers. When did they go to silver? Anyway, get through break in and go do a burn out, so you can take part in my poll:)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hey, I just noticed those calipers. When did they go to silver? Anyway, get through break in and go do a burn out, so you can take part in my poll:)
Silver this year on the SuperBee's. Red would have looked stupid. About the only change they made that looks right. Dumb moves on the fuel door lip and rear tail lights. :slap: I believe they also come on the GCSRT8's, no?

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Man, does that make the Caliber look like a complete POS. Very cool.

And the silver brakes started with the Hemi orange Bee. They didn't think Red would look "right". The brakes are silver on all 300 SRT8s too.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Wierd I just noticed the filler door since someone else mentioned it. Why didn't the used the graphics over the finger hole? That is odd!

And I am not sure if the Jeep got silver brakes, but I know the 300 did. I don't think the tail lights are as bad as everyone says. It looks like those Halos everyone seems to put on their front lights. Not my cup of tea, but people seem to like them. It reminds me a little of the '68 Charger lights.

The Hemi Orange Bee is definitely a very good looking car even with the few flaws. It's like we are trying to find flaws with Angelina Jolie.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yeah, it was Kanata... but nobody knows where Kanata is, so I figured Ottawa would simplify things.

I believe the Jeep SRT8 has BLACK calipers, not silver (unless they changed them).

In regards to the tail-lights, they've definitely grown on me. In picture form I thought they looked stupid, but after seeing them a few times in real life, and now having them on the car, I really like them.

Another thing I noticed is that for some reason they didn't change the badge layout on the SuperBee for 2009. Ever notice how on a 'regular' SRT8 Charger, they did the three badge thing (having "Dodge" on the left, "Charger" on the right, and the SRT8 badge below "Charger") the bee still has the badges in the regular, non-cluttered spots.

VS.

I've also noticed a BUNCH of details with this car that are a step up in quality from the 2008 SRT8 I had.

For example... under the hood, they put back the nice hood liner with the SRT logo on it like the 2007's had (i think the 2007's had it... and 06's). My 2008 just had bare metal with the plastic air duct from the scoop.

Also, there is a neat plastic cap over the strut towers under the hood, where in the 2008 it was, again, bare metal where you could see the bolts.

They also added more of the plastic covering over the top part of the engine bay (where the strut tower bar is?) that covers up some of the stuff underneathe. All in all, it makes the engine bay look a lot neater/cleaner.

The cupholder L.E.D's have also changed, instead of the little lightup square inside the cupholder it has the nice glowing ring around the entire edge of the cupholders.

That's all i've noticed so far... but even still... GOOD JOB Dodge for stepping up the quality just that little bit.

:beerchug:

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
The 09 bee's are sexy....

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Bee Safe, Bee Careful, Bee Happy! :grin:

Congrats buddy! :bigthumb: Do you have any pictures of that engine bay?

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
I was just ribbing you on the Ottawa/Kanata thing!

Nice Bee...wish I had one!

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Very nice ride!

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Another thing I noticed is that for some reason they didn't change the badge layout on the SuperBee for 2009. Ever notice how on a 'regular' SRT8 Charger, they did the three badge thing (having "Dodge" on the left, "Charger" on the right, and the SRT8 badge below "Charger") the bee still has the badges in the regular, non-cluttered spots.:beerchug:
This is how they are on the 06's - I always liked that layout better myself, too.
Anyways, congrats on your new orange beastie!! :rocker:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bee Safe, Bee Careful, Bee Happy! :grin:

Congrats buddy! :bigthumb: Do you have any pictures of that engine bay?
Just took some tonight...

I'll post some comparison pics of my 2008 to show you what I was talking about.

Check out the 2008's hood, and then the Bee's hood:

Here's more areas of the 2008 i've highlighted, which have been altered for the '09.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Yep all of those underhood bits and pieces are on my '07. Well I might not have the extra plastic in front of the firewall, I will have to check it out up close. Edit: I don't think my car has those, but only the passenger side is different (I think). I wonder if someone removed it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts