Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The “Little Old Lady in Parking Lot” Mod

Please accept my apologies in advance for the long post.

OK, so after spending all day washing and waxing my beautiful Charger yesterday, I drive it to downtown Hamilton this morning for a meeting with our Corporate lawyer. There is no underground parking so I am forced to park in a surface public lot behind the office tower.

As soon as I drive in I feel anxious. It’s a tiny unkempt lot, with small spaces, and it’s about 90% full. Nowhere to get away from door ding city. But alas, there is one spot near the exit, where the lot attendant booth is, and it’s the first spot in the row. I figure that’s about the safest spot for my Charger.

Ninety minutes later I come out, and I ask the attendant if they take VISA or DEBIT (I never carry cash anymore). He says “No. Cash Only” so I go to my car and get my wallet. Then I go to the bank across the street, get cash and return, and as I’m walking up to my car I see the damage. Driver door smashed in, and some damage to the rear door.

Well, I lost it. Big time. So I went to the attendant and asked him if he saw anything and he says no, and I asked him to call someone from the parking lot company and he ignores me. After two more requests I finally get a number from him. Nothing but voicemail on the other end. So I leave and go to the collision reporting center so I can get a police report for my insurance company. After leaving the CRC, I try the parking lot company on my cell again, and lo and behold I get a live body. He tells me to go back and fill out an accident report.

Well when I get back there the guy won’t let me in the lot unless I get a ticket, and I said “I’m not parking. I’m the guy who’s car got smashed an hour ago. I’m coming back to fill out a report” He says “I’ve never seen you before.” Cue in Mr. Flexy snapping a bolt AGAIN.

So the attendant wouldn’t help me at all. So I’m waiting for his supervisor to arrive on the scene, and this woman says to me “I saw who hit your car” and I’m like WTF??? She says “Yeah, you were parked over there before, right” I say yep. And she proceeds to tell me that this little old lady driving a silver car smashed into me, then went and parked her car a few spots and AND THEN WENT TO THE ATTENDANT AND REPORTED IT TO HIM.

The attendant refuses to admit that anyone told him anything, despite a witness standing right there.

I could go on and on about what transpired next, but the moderators would likely not approve of the language.

In the end I finally left and drove back to Mississauga, without any info on the person that did the hit-and-run. So it’s a $500 deductible for me, and a claim on my insurance.

I was so upset that I didn’t even laugh when the ricer got pulled over right in front of me on the way back. But I added that story to my “HEMI Effect” thread, which you can read here: http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=834038#post834038

Here are some pics: (life sucks, eh?)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Ouch, makes me cringe when I look at the pictures.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
:no: :no: Damn that is a NASTY dent!!!!
People these day's :mad: It's like there smoking CRACK!!

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Just the attendants, F*$KERS (generally) are scum suckers just waisting O2.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I would be so :silenced: .

·
Registered
616 Posts
So much for those side moldings.. lol j/k.. I feel for you man..
I read your post b4 scrolling down to see the pics and well, yea, it is pretty healthy damage for a parking lot collision. especially one that the "Lot Attendent" didnt remember.. jack*ss
Hope all gets fixed just right!

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
You shouldn't be allowed to post those OBSCENE pictures!!!! :fuming:

(J/K! Sorry to hear about that! :cry: )

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I knew from the title this wasn't gonna be good. Sorry to hear about the damage. I always get really anxious parking in situations like that too.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I think this is a mod I will not put on my christmas list.
Sorry to hear that man.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Just the attendants, F*$KERS (generally) are scum suckers just waisting O2.
now tell us how you really feel. i have a sneaking suspiscion that you put that S in your sentence to help sensor didnt you

·
Registered
17 Posts
Living here in the UAE where they drive like crap I know my Charger is going to get hit one day. I just accept it know I will get it fix top notch and pray it comes later than sooner. But this is my keeper car! This is the car a that I will tarp for a couple even when I am not driving it. My goal is to have it mint in the year 2027.

·
Super Moderator
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would have beat the parking attendant
Don't think I didn't WANT to. I told the witness that the only reason punches weren't flying is that I didn't feel like going to jail. :(

All told, it was a REALLY BAD DAY.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Got to take the good out of your incident. You didn't kill the attendant, and...well, That just sucks man, I would of killed the attendant.

I now have to go move my car. This is what we all worry about!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I sure do feel sorry for you. That's the reason we have the Mercury Sable. The Charger stays home for walmart trips and the Sable goes. Luckily, My wife gets to park the Charger in a safe spot at work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Flex, you should have used the line I always use when someone like the attendant doesn't want to be bothered. I usually say "Gee, I guess if I was making minimum wage at a dead end job for my career I would be miserable too, and not want to help anyone either!" No jail time required.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Don't think I didn't WANT to. I told the witness that the only reason punches weren't flying is that I didn't feel like going to jail. :(

All told, it was a REALLY BAD DAY.
ida waxed his face. ive been to jail twice for the stupidest ****, this pales in comparison and to me would have been totally worth goin to jail, as long as his nose was on the side of his face and his jaw was perma slacked. id be cool with risking half a day in the slammer.(houston jails arent exactly a chill place to hang out compared to most jails either ;)

when youve been to jail for sleeping in your car cuz your too drunk to drive, then waking up to cops cuffing you for a Public Intox, you lose value over what is right and wrong and things like this end up seeming Right. thusly ida broken his FAYCE!

i respect your self restraint.

·
Registered
503 Posts
:(

Sad to see such anger against a Charger in the "Golden Horseshoe".

Can't see beating over this tho' ... particularly since it was caused by a little old lady.

Who, it seems quite obvious, should NOT be driving a vehicle. That could have been a small kid.

I'm sorry for damage... I suffer parking anxiety almost every day with my Charger. It could have happened to any of us.

·
Super Moderator
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks to everyone for your condolences; it's been a rough 24 hours.

I got the name, number and e-mail address of a Senior VP at the parking company - impark - www.impark.com - they're a huge firm that operates in both the United States and Canada. No response from them.

My boss (who attended the meeting in Hamiton with me) suspects that the lot attendant is an ilegal immigrant, and that's why he's not getting involved. I can't imagine what happened after the collision or what the conversation was between the lady that hit me and the attendant, but it's clear one or both of them is dishonest.

In any event, I just got off the phone with my insurance broker. Since they can't identify the other driver, I have to suck up the $500 deductible (if they had the other driver info it would be waived) and she said this would be considered a "NOT AT FAULT" claim and my premiums won't increase. So in the end I guess things could have been worse.

As for all those that think I should have resorted to violence: All I can say is that it truly was a miracle that it didn't end up that way. I was at the end of my rope. But I kept thinking about this great job that I have, my 3 sons that count on me, and my girlfriend. All the things that matter to me more than my Charger. If I get a criminal conviction, my Accounting Designation could be revoked, and there goes my livelihood.

And I don't think the courts would be too impressed with a 230lb former bodybuilder beating on a 140lb immigrant from somewhere in India that barely speaks English. I can assure you that I would not be in jail for "half a day". Try 90 days to 2 years. This is Canada. Violence is not tolerated by the judicial system.

I'll post pics (hopefully soon) when the car is fixed.

Best regards,

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
172 Posts
Had Woody gone straight to the police none of this would be happening. always wait for the police:(

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.