Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok let me try to explain this temperature problem.

When I get in my car in the morning, it's quite cold outside. I set the temperature gauge to fairly warm (but not full on heat), and after driving for a little while there is still barely any heat coming out of the vents. If I turn the knob to "full heat" for a second or two, then turn it back to the same position I had it in before (fairly warm) then there's suddenly lots of warm air coming out of the vents.

Same thing goes for cool air.... when I start up and the temperature knob is in the cold half of the knob, but not "full" cold, it's warmish air that comes out, but not as cold as it should be. When I turn the knob to full on cold air then back to it's original position, the air is suddenly much cooler.

Any ideas on what the problem is? I may have to take it to the dealer to get them to check the contact switch. Also note, I don't know if it matters or not, but all these problems occur when the A/C is off. I haven't tried it with the A/C on though.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have the same issues,which are normal,from what I understand. It is all part of the way the automatic climate system works. I am constantly fiddling with mine to get it right.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Automatic Climate Control? I thought he was talking about a car that didn't have climate control. I never touch mine. The temp sits at 72 all of the time and works perfect. If your moving it around, either you're not using it right, or it doesn't work right.

BTW, the climate control won't let air come out until it's at the right tmep. Meaning, if it's cold out, it wont work until the engine warms up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have automatic climate control. It's a regular heat/cold knob.

Thanks for the suggestions though, but that's just not the case with this.

And I'm a she, not a he :slapper:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No one has any idea? I'll have to get it booked into the shop then.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
just turn it to cold then where you want it
thats probably your best bet. i havent heard anything like that before.

if you take it to the dealer they'll have to keep it for a while and see if it will do the same thing for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts