Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a can of color matched paint, and pained the tirm around the shifter, and around the radio, a/c, etc. I might take them off, and spray on some clear, and wet sand it, but it looks pretty decent for now. I figure for $5 and about an hour of time, I had to give it a whirl.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Looks good! I want to do the same thing but my kids said it would look lame (TorRed). Only one way to find out!!! Cool thing about kids is they give it to you straight!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that looks awesome! u did a great job. looks just like a dark blue daytona would lol

whered u find color matched paint for $5? thats an awesome price!
Pep Boys, got the small can since I didn't need a whole lot. I don't think it's a perfect match, but it's not next to the paint anyway. I would like to give it some more shine, with clear, and a little sanding/buffing.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Looks good! I want to do the same thing but my kids said it would look lame (TorRed). Only one way to find out!!! Cool thing about kids is they give it to you straight!
thats is also the funny part about kid's-they tell the truth or point things out to you that you dont notice-and some time at the wrong times-unless it's them that are in the hot seat:smile:

·
Registered
820 Posts
You did a good job. It looks great. I did the same thing except I cheated. I went to the dealership & ordered those same pieces for an 06 Tored Daytona & installed them in my 07 Tored SRT8.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I am actually going to do the same thing to mine. My friend on these forums has is done, and it looks great in person. He even did his gauge clusters bezel. I will do mine as soon as I stop being so lazy LOL. I have had the paint for about 2 weeks now. LOL

·
Registered
542 Posts
Holy cow u did that with a can? Dam that looks great.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys, I think I'm going to clear it, so that I can get rid of a few little pieces of dust that settled on it. I'm not sure what's next Sam, this only cost $5. I wanna get into the motor now(a lttle more than $5), but I'm still being a lazy @ss.

·
Registered
129 Posts
where can i get a leather bound shift knob like that? I have also seen people with the leather that comes all the way down to the base of the shifter and covers the D, R, N and all that.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
where can i get a leather bound shift knob like that? I have also seen people with the leather that comes all the way down to the base of the shifter and covers the D, R, N and all that.

The shifter is from a R&T edition I believe. The leather boot covering the gear indicators is a custom job.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
There is a member on lxforums that does the shift boot, I've been trying to track him down for months now without prevail. He did put up the template on there to do it your self but I am a lazy @ss too.

That looks really good, did you take it out and paint it on the ground or tape up everything? I would have done that stupid fake chrome thing around the shifter, I hate that thing, whenever the sun hits it I go partially blind, I take it off when I go on most longer trips. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There is a member on lxforums that does the shift boot, I've been trying to track him down for months now without prevail. He did put up the template on there to do it your self but I am a lazy @ss too.

That looks really good, did you take it out and paint it on the ground or tape up everything? I would have done that stupid fake chrome thing around the shifter, I hate that thing, whenever the sun hits it I go partially blind, I take it off when I go on most longer trips. just my 2 cents
Ha ha, I know exactly what you mean. I've been completely blinded by the damn thing before, explain that one to your insurance. I took it off and painted it. The screws that hold the AC controls and ESP switch in are a real pain in @ss. The smallest little hex heads I've ever seen.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts