Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right guys and girls... Authentic Tein STech Lowering Springs are now priced at only $187.50 SHIPPED!

The drop on these springs is 1.4 Inches in the front and 0.7 Inches in the rear. They will currently work on the Dodge Charger 5.7 and Dodge Charger SRT-8. If you have a Magnum or 300, please feel free to call me or PM me and I can get you the correct part number for your application at the same price!

Product Description:
TEIN S.TECH Spring is an excellent step towards suspension tuning.
They offer approximately a great drop for a more aggressive appearance. Comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
Spring length is guaranteed not to sag more than 5mm and to be clear of any manufacture defects (see limited warranty for more details).
* One year limited warranty.
* High-grade material adapted to improve guaranteed satisfaction.
* Rubber spring protector sheet to prevent noise (most applications).

Click here for Info or to Order Instantly

Thanks
James
877-724-6682 x 715

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
who makes a strut for that set up? 1.5 is alot for the front and the front struts will go south pretty quick. who makes a strut for that much drop and do you stock them

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
you wont need to change the shocks with them...
i'm no expert.. but logic says that u might not need to change the shocks, but if you dont they'll be history in no time... theres lots of threads on here telling ppl not to change the springs w/out changing the shocks

·
Registered
424 Posts
If its a newer car, you wont have to change them...

if you already have 50K - 60K on them, change them...

If you are at 30K, its iffy...

You can have a car that is brand new on STOCK springs and blow the shocks after 12K if the road surfaces are bad enough...

TEIN springs are pretty well tuned to work with the factory components...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If its a newer car, you wont have to change them...

if you already have 50K - 60K on them, change them...

If you are at 30K, its iffy...

You can have a car that is brand new on STOCK springs and blow the shocks after 12K if the road surfaces are bad enough...

TEIN springs are pretty well tuned to work with the factory components...

This is correct!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Quick question, and really more of a general one: what makes these (and maybe those from other manufacturers) specific to the 5.7L/6.1L models? Is it a different spring rate (overall weight difference maybe), or is it something to do with the already existing components (different mounting point for the strut, etc)? I have a V6 and am looking at lowering options.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick question, and really more of a general one: what makes these (and maybe those from other manufacturers) specific to the 5.7L/6.1L models? Is it a different spring rate (overall weight difference maybe), or is it something to do with the already existing components (different mounting point for the strut, etc)? I have a V6 and am looking at lowering options.

There is component differences with the cars that makes them model specific. The Springs rates are 230 and 643 on both the 5.7L and 6.1L.

Thanks
James

·
Registered
263 Posts
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all SRT8's have the load-leveling shocks standard? Meaning, there isn't a scenario in which these Tein springs will work with them.

Help?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wow...really? No one has a response to this?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey Quicksilver... The second page there was a question about load-levelers... and It was stated that these springs would not work with that system. The SRT8's have that system right?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yup...got that part. That's the question I was hoping we could get answered. There's a bunch of specifics in the OP about how it's designed to work with the SRT8 and how the spring rates are adjusted specifically so, as well. In theory, that's impossible.

James is a stand-up guy, so I'm not calling BS on his advertising. Just wondering if Tein has their signals crossed.

And, in all honesty, I would kill for a non-coilover option for the SRT8, as I'd love to lower my ride without having to spend $2k.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just change your shock's then...

But, you will probably be downgrading unless you get a performance shock for the rear like Koni, Tokico, etc or who ever makes them for this car...

I do wonder how springs would work on the ones with Auto Leveling my self (I have an RT R&T with it) I am an authorized TEIN dealer as well (and can tell you this is a very good price) and would love to put these springs on my car as well, but the load leveling is what throws it off...

TEIN is my favorite spring manufacturer along with TANABE...

Maybe you should look into TEIN Super Street coil overs...

THey will NOT run you $2000 even with MSRP even if you pay full Retail...

You will have DAMPING control on the fly, meaning, if you want it stiff, press a button and it stiffens up and you can go corner carving, if you want it soft for a crusing daily ride, press a button and its cushy smooth.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
So how much to Ship to Toronto, Canada postal code M3H3R3

1 - 20 of 23 Posts