Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I testing to program my car with Prédator.

I have a 180stat and K&N CAI and I run with 91 octane

With my original files, I just chang the fans start. (LS192-MS196-HS202)
0-60: 4.24s NO ESP

When I test with 91 CAI perf. with modified fans start (the same to original)
I run at 5.4s 0-60 with No esp.

T° engine for all test 192° and extérior 50°, in the same road.

I don't understand what's happen. but I thinked the 91 CAI run more better than original program.

Can you help me to understand why my performance is too bad.

:bowdown:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't understand it either but if you are going conduct test after modding you should bring it to the track and compare stock vs Pred mod. Maybe the predator confused the 0-60 computer thing. Anyway, I don't trust the 0-60 of the computer. Put it on the track and compare your 0-60ft times and ET.

Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You think the 0-60 computer is bad? Perhaps..

I just send my original files with datalog at DCX for custom tunes.. I think my problem will be finish^^

When I ll received it I will test in pist.

I ll say you the result :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Please remember that the 91 and 93 octane numbers quoted for these tunes are based on how gasoline octane numbers are used in the US. We measure (R+M)/2: the average of the research and motor octane numbers. In most of Europe, octane is simply the research octane number, which is about 4-5 higher. What this means is that if you fill up with 95 octane (RON) you're getting the eqivalent of what we would call 90 or 91 octane.

Where I'm going with this is that the 91 octane tune requires at least 91 octane. If you're actually getting only about 90 octane you're going to experience some engine knock and the PCM will pull timing resulting in less overall power. The 93 octane tunes are even harder to please, with many of us in the States putting in 93 octane and still running a 91 tune.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. I had difficult to understand the RON and MON in US, Here we have "super 95 RON" =90-91 US and 98 (93 US)

I can choise in station what octane i want to take, but I must to wait my corsa exhaust for input 93 but someone said me the 93 kill my catalytic exhaust. Is it true?

I explain that at DCX for my custom tunes. But I thanks you for this explain because if my octane is 90, my car run more low as a 91 tunes perf normal.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I've never heard of 93 octane being bad for the catalytic converter. What IS bad for the cats is running very rich (too much fuel) which should not be the case with the Predator tune. If I were you I would use your 98 (93 US) and see if the 91 CAI tune works better for you. No need to wait on the exhaust.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hello,

I testing to program my car with Prédator.

I have a 180stat and K&N CAI and I run with 91 octane

With my original files, I just chang the fans start. (LS192-MS196-HS202)
0-60: 4.24s NO ESP

When I test with 91 CAI perf. with modified fans start (the same to original)
I run at 5.4s 0-60 with No esp.

T° engine for all test 192° and extérior 50°, in the same road.

I don't understand what's happen. but I thinked the 91 CAI run more better than original program.

Can you help me to understand why my performance is too bad.

:bowdown:
do you have a rt or srt, either way that 4.2 0-60 with a SRT is running very very good with those mods, but if you have an RT there is no way you should be able to get a 4.2 with your mods.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have got srt8.

Ok mnunes, I didn't know for catalytic, I will go to use 93 tunes with 93 octanes.. Good for my car, good for performance^^

Do you think my spark plug (stock) will be chang? for use 93 octane?

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I have got srt8.

Ok mnunes, I didn't know for catalytic, I will go to use 93 tunes with 93 octanes.. Good for my car, good for performance^^

Do you think my spark plug (stock) will be chang? for use 93 octane?
You should use 93 octane and try both the 91 CAI and 93 CAI tunes to see which performs better on your car with the gas you use.

As far as changing the spark plugs? It shouldn't be necessary just for the tunes but I don't see that it could hurt, either.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK I ll go to use 93 octane^^

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I just enjoyed reading this whole thing lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts