Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....for those that wont be making it to Ohio. Didnt want anybody to feel left out, so here's the latest!

UAS kit from Zack....... love it so far. Went with the basic kit and the 3-switch control panel that fits in the ashtray.

And yes, I finally tinted the windows as well.... :rocker:

Also notice the badass painted side markers that Paul (aka [email protected]) did for me. I have been slacking for way too long about getting pictures of those up since Ive had em for at least a month by now.... They came out great!

:beerchug:

Cant wait for OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Pat

P.S. Even though this wasnt the official write-up thread that I had in mind to introduce the air ride, I cant post this without a huge thank you to ekaz, hops23, motor, HemiPowered5700, TheBeej418 and of course Zack from Universal Air for all their help throughout this process. It was something I had never attempted before, so there were a few issues to overcome. But she's all good to go now and ready to hit the road tomorrow!
:driving:

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Well, nhdave and I rolled into the Holiday Inn around 6'ish. Can't wait to see that Limer.

G

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
car looks awsome... sublime with envy..lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
car looks damn good, i saw it up close at HIN last weekend

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
So sick!
Bagged chargers are so clean too bad i cant make it to Ohio to hang out again.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
car looks sick man, wish I could make it to Ohio this weekend but I'm going down in a couple weeks to the Mopar Nationals. how was the install?

·
Registered
166 Posts
thats sick bro

·
Registered
263 Posts

the back of your rain guard needs to be tucked into the window.... in case you didnt notice .. but im sure u did ... it looks great man !

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
wow, just when i thought that a sublime couldnt get any better looking..i stumble upon this thread...looks great!!!!:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I can't stop droooooooling,,,,,man that ride is so sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
super sic wit it playboy!!! love your ride, even before all the new changes... when i first saw it about a year ago on here even.. now its so point!!! how long was the install and how much did the basic kit run you? do they give forum discounts? i have been looking around and it seems everyone is the most satisfied with the uas systems...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Looks great Pat. Glad you finally tinted the windows....:clap:.

The UAS looks amazing, love the stance of the Hulk. How far could you go down since you have the Grip rockers installed? Does the Rocker touch the ground in back?

·
Registered
722 Posts
That thing is so far out you're going to be in trouble with NASA soon! Looks GREAT!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, nhdave and I rolled into the Holiday Inn around 6'ish. Can't wait to see that Limer.

G
Gary, it was great to finally meet you this weekend! It was awesome to see your car break into the 11s for the first time. Have fun with those new forged pistons you won! Glad you are approving of the HULK! Means a lot coming from a fellow limer.

car looks awsome... sublime with envy..lol
Thanks bud! The color is a real eye catcher!

car looks damn good, i saw it up close at HIN last weekend
Am I having a memory lapse or did we talk while I was at that show? If not, why didnt you try and find me?! Im always down for chatting with a fellow LXer at shows... especially a fellow forum member.

So sick!
Bagged chargers are so clean too bad i cant make it to Ohio to hang out again.
Thanks Mikey. I wish you could have made it this past weekend as well. It was a good time!

wow... it's almost touching the ground:cowsmile:
:D That was the idea!

car looks sick man, wish I could make it to Ohio this weekend but I'm going down in a couple weeks to the Mopar Nationals. how was the install?
Thanks! Well, it was interesting to say the least. Ive never had any experience with air ride at all, so there were some first time learner mistakes that I made which would certainly be avoided if I ever had to do it again. Since the kit I purchased was fairly simple and didnt have all the extra add ons, install was simpler than it would have been for most other people. However, I did not find the instructions to be very helpful. Only in certain cases were they useful, so I relied on Zack's excellent customer service to get me through the tough parts.

thats sick bro
Right on, thanks!

wow, just when i thought that a sublime couldnt get any better looking..i stumble upon this thread...looks great!!!!:beerchug:
Thanks! She has certainly come a loooong way from stock! :D

I can't stop droooooooling,,,,,man that ride is so sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right on, thanks for the kind words!

super sic wit it playboy!!! love your ride, even before all the new changes... when i first saw it about a year ago on here even.. now its so point!!! how long was the install and how much did the basic kit run you? do they give forum discounts? i have been looking around and it seems everyone is the most satisfied with the uas systems...
UAS is the way to go, as the majority will certainly tell you. The forum discount is 2150 shipped for a complete kit (it is normally 2300). However, that does not include gauges or advanced controller systems of any kind. You have a choice of the 10 switch box or the ashtray 3 switch panel.

dam pat......looks sick.......Ive been wanting to save for bags myself
Thanks Chris! The bags are definitely the way to go.

Looks great Pat. Glad you finally tinted the windows....:clap:.

The UAS looks amazing, love the stance of the Hulk. How far could you go down since you have the Grip rockers installed? Does the Rocker touch the ground in back?

Thanks Mark!

Yea, I finally did the windows.... I am spending less time in the city which is where I really needed to watch out for parking tickets for tinted front windows (ticket is 250 bucks!), so I figured now was as good a time as any to finally get em done. Went fairly light with them, but I think its just what the doctor ordered. And if the new law passes in IL, they will be considered "legal" in a matter of time.

As for the total drop..... in the back, Zack told me to leave the bump stops in. Normally those are taken out to allow the car to drop a bit lower, but by leving them in, the drop is PERFECT. On level ground, it looks like they are touching the ground, but really there is still about an inch or so of clearance in the back. Keep in mind, I also have 295/30 tires out back, so on yours, you might even get a little closer, but Im quite sure they wont touch the ground even on a skinnier tire.

In the front, there is still plenty of clearance at all times. The front doesnt get quite as low as the back does. One important thing to keep in mind is that I added this kit to my Eibach coilover suspension. SO I can probably get a bit lower in the back than some people with regular suspensions. Therefore, you will be in the same boat with your KWs if you ever added the setup to the Bee.

So in short, it gets damn close, but does not touch the ground. IMO, even with your skinnier tires, I still think you will JUST make it when fully dropped, as long as you keep the rear bump stops in like I did.

That thing is so far out you're going to be in trouble with NASA soon! Looks GREAT!
Thanks Darrell! Glad you like it. Ill see you around soon at some local shows, Im sure!

:beerchug:

-Pat

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Hehe got to see this in person... its wicked !!!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hehe got to see this in person... its wicked !!!
Thanks! Your car is a beast too... She sure does get a move on down the 1320! I think your best run of the weekend was 11.4X, right? Now that is wicked!

-Pat

1 - 20 of 41 Posts