Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a few teasers of the dual LED halo designs that we have com out with. We have a few dual color rings we are going to be rolling out starting next week. Red/Blue, Blue/Green, Blue/White. These were selected upon customer suggestions. We will be adding more combinations as we go along but we can build a custom set of anyone who is willing to pre-pay for the kit and wait 3-4 weeks for delivery.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is an example with Blue and Green, when you have them both on its a color that comes VERY close to 10000K HIDs!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
pricing? we need more info....

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Will both colors been on simultaneously? Can you post pics of the blue/green?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
hey i helped park you guys in your spot at lx and beyond and was told i'd get a free set.

:grin:

ok, not really but i tried

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will both colors been on simultaneously? Can you post pics of the blue/green?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is an example with Blue and Green, when you have them both on its a color that comes VERY close to 10000K HIDs!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
i like how the color changes a little when both are lit up... when both of mine are lit up at same time, the color changes a little too, but i got the 8k and ambers.. the 8k overpowers the ambers alot, so i just use one color at a time.....

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
How long till a green/red combo.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I like the blue/green, but I don't think I will ever have the blue on. Especially since my car is black and green. But it looks very cool when they are both turned on.

AAC, how are the different colors/combo activated?

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Are these utilizing the same leds for both colors or does one color use one led each in an alternating sequence? It's sort of hard to tell from the pics.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
more than likely they are just like the flashtechs... i a firm believer now that they both use the same manufacturer for both products and the design is the only slight difference.... so on that note... each color is its own circuit. you will have lead wires on both ends. one neg and one power for each circuit. so total of 4wires.. you will have to drill a hole at the top of the headlights bezels on both sides... atleast, that how mine were.... simple install, just takes slightly longer.... oh and if you use one as a turn signal, you tap the red wire and black wire, not the brown one behind the turn signal, even though both the parking light and the turn signal light run off the same harness.... now the for the paring light only. you tap the brown and black.... unless of course you run these off their own circuits which i dont recomment unless you use a voltage regulator inline with them....

do these have the regulators built in this time around AAC? if not, maybe you should supply some in the kits or have them built right in the circuit boards... when built in they can be very small, heck the round little rocker toggle switches i sell with the led light have them built in already and it just looks like a very tiny diode

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
That's what I thought. My next mod will be tires. Exciting huh? After that it's halos or something else.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
more than likely they are just like the flashtechs... i a firm believer now that they both use the same manufacturer for both products and the design is the only slight difference.... so on that note... each color is its own circuit. you will have lead wires on both ends. one neg and one power for each circuit. so total of 4wires.. you will have to drill a hole at the top of the headlights bezels on both sides... atleast, that how mine were.... simple install, just takes slightly longer.... oh and if you use one as a turn signal, you tap the red wire and black wire, not the brown one behind the turn signal, even though both the parking light and the turn signal light run off the same harness.... now the for the paring light only. you tap the brown and black.... unless of course you run these off their own circuits which i dont recomment unless you use a voltage regulator inline with them....

do these have the regulators built in this time around AAC? if not, maybe you should supply some in the kits or have them built right in the circuit boards... when built in they can be very small, heck the round little rocker toggle switches i sell with the led light have them built in already and it just looks like a very tiny diode
Actually, our rings have wires on 1 end, not both.

There are 3 wires:
Red= 12V Power
Black1 = Color 1
Black 2= Color 2

No reason to have 2 separate sets of wires when you only need 3 inputs for this to work properly.

As for the regulators:you do NOT need to regulate these down to 12V like some "others" out there because they were built for the LXs and are made to run at 14V, these hardly get warm at 14V!

All these "LED Protectors" are is a resistor that does not allow more then 12V in the ring and dims the rings out because of this. If the product is made right in the first place there is no need for this.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Actually, our rings have wires on 1 end, not both.

There are 3 wires:
Red= 12V Power
Black1 = Color 1
Black 2= Color 2

No reason to have 2 separate sets of wires when you only need 3 inputs for this to work properly.

As for the regulators:you do NOT need to regulate these down to 12V like some "others" out there because they were built for the LXs and are made to run at 14V, these hardly get warm at 14V!

All these "LED Protectors" are is a resistor that does not allow more then 12V in the ring and dims the rings out because of this. If the product is made right in the first place there is no need for this.
So how are the individual/combo colors turned on? Maybe I missed something.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
There are two grounds. One for each switch. The red powers both colors. Still doesn't definitively answer my question about the individual leds.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
There are two grounds. One for each switch. The red powers both colors. Still doesn't definitively answer my question about the individual leds.
So a switch(s) or dual channel remote is definitely needed?

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
You could probably wire it into the parking lights somehow but I'd use an independent switch for each. You wire it up so the power wire is always hot but the switch interrupts the ground. That way when you turn it on you complete the circuit by creating a ground. Less wiring that way than if you tried to put the switch in the middle of the red wire somewhere.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Do you sell the whole light fixture with them already installed? I'm not to fond of the idea of having to bake the lights and all. With my luck i'd ruin something..

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So a switch(s) or dual channel remote is definitely needed?
If I was personally installing this I would do it this way:

RED- Contact 12V
BLACK 1- Toggle
BLACK 2- Toggle

So if I had (for instance) Red and Blue LED rings I would install a Red and Blue toggle. Both of the toggles simply interrupt the ground. That way when the Red toggle is on I know the Red LEDs are on, when the Blue toggle is on the Blue LEDs are on, when they are both on I know they are both on, and when they are both off everything is off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts