Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just do a quick detail on the driverside interior and I found a 6" tear in the driver side bolster of the seat. i have a R/T with the raod and track group, so I was wondering if anybody else hads had this problem? Also if you had, did you take it back to the dealership and get it fixed under warranty or I am screwed and have to pay full price to get new seat cover?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Call a vinyl repair shop, shouldn't be too much to repair.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stoppped a dealership and I was told that they stuff like that is not covered under warranty because it is a soft part. So I procced to ask what it would cost to repair or replace and I was told $1065 to replace it. I asked if that was the entire back piece, including the foam and he said no just the seat cover.

I was on the internet last night and found replacement seat cover, (not the Road and Track seat back though) for around $150 - $250.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
6" is a long tear. I have repaired a two inch cut where yours is and a puncture wound from a pencil on the other seat with a $19.95 vinyl repair kit from the internet. Bascailly, its colored glue. It was easy to do and frankly, if I took the time to realyl do it right you would never notice it. I rushed the job and it still looks fine. I had to point it out to a passanger yesterday. If you mix the color right you're in business. Do a search for leather or vinyl repair kits if you want to go that route. You can always replace the cover if you don;t like the results although again, you have a rather large tear there so it might not hold.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
6" is a long tear. I have repaired a two inch cut where yours is and a puncture wound from a pencil on the other seat with a $19.95 vinyl repair kit from the internet. Bascailly, its colored glue. It was easy to do and frankly, if I took the time to realyl do it right you would never notice it. I rushed the job and it still looks fine. I had to point it out to a passanger yesterday. If you mix the color right you're in business. Do a search for leather or vinyl repair kits if you want to go that route. You can always replace the cover if you don;t like the results although again, you have a rather large tear there so it might not hold.
I also used it to repair a hole in a hottub cover so I feel it was worth it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice. I will research the repair kit, and if it does not work I will go to a repair shop or get a new seat cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts