Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never seen so many rumors being tossed around before a new product is released. This is crazy! DiabloSport never really had a firm release date set. They were trying to get them out by July 31st but wanted to do some more testing before the product is released. Then they were aiming for the end of this month. That might happen or they might need just a little more time. It's best to have everything 100% perfect over rushing the product out the door and then possibly having an issue.I've read that the programmers will be shipping on the 31st, then they will be delayed 1 week, then 2 weeks and someone even said a month. DiabloSport should be providing official information in the next few days. Everything else really is just hype and rumors. To many people keep reading things, getting their hopes up and then are let down when it's not released.

We're not posting pictures of non-Hemi programmers in front of a Hemi car to make it look like we got one or promising that they will be at our facility by the 4th or 5th. Just hanging in there and waiting to see what happens. The definite release date will be the day they actually ship. Anything else is probably just a hopeful guess!

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC
ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763)
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR WEEKLY SPECIALS! INSTALLATION SPECIALS AVAILABLE!

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We received this info from DiabloSport this morning -

From the company President:
Here is what many of you have been asking for.

DiabloSport is happy to announce we are about ready to put everything
into production.
You asked for it and you got it.. which is somewhat the cause of some of
the delays.

You wanted your LX HEMI supported..you got it.
2005-2007 5.7, 6.1 SRT8's, red ones, silver ones, even Plum Crazy purple
ones. We even put int the SRT8 Jeep too.

You wanted more power.. you got it.
+20 RWHP increase on avg with a few simple key presses.

You wanted the ability to modify your B&G tuned PCM... you got it.
Read it in and tweak it how you or B&G wants.

You wanted Custom Tuning ability... you got it.
Beyond the built-in DiabloSport tunes, you can have up to 5 custom tunes
at your fingertips. Custom tunes are available from any of our network
of CMR Custom Tuning dealers who have our DCX tuning package.

You wanted adjustable parameters.. you got it.
Adjust your fuel, spark, idle, cooling fans, ESP, Torque Management,
more.. all up to you.

You wanted TCM support.. you got it.
Paddle Hold, Paddle Auto-Kick, Raised Shift points, Reset TCM Adaptives
are just a few.. most adjustable ON-THE-FLY!

You wanted a fast handheld.. you got it.
Reprograms the vehicle in 30-45 seconds.. some with only a single
ignition key cycle.

You wanted datalogging.. you got it.
Log parameters internally or stream them to a PC and view with our free
DAT Viewer software.

All DiabloSport LX HEMI Predators are Engineered to Raise Hell and are
also internet updateable and as we add new features, you get them for free.

Production usually takes 1-2 weeks and we expect to be shipping around
the middle of September barring any unforseen obstacles.
Also due to some vehicle dynamics with the DR HEMI trucks, they will not
be included in this release.
>>
So it's almost time!

Tom

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
doh. mid september?!

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
hey t bryne. you guys have dyno graphs on the website with this programmer that i'm assuming you got from diablo. Do you have any idea whey there is a MAJOR drop off around , i think it was 3500 . Going soley off memory i want to say i say a 20 hp drop off right there but i need to recheck.

Also did they state how long the data logging is capable of time wise?

I feel a group buy coming on

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those graphs are from a few months ago. I'm not sure where there is a drop in that RPM range but I'm going to see if they have anything that shows their final tuning now.

No need for a group purchase. Our Introductory Pricing is the lowest that I've seen. It includes the programmer, cables and power supply if you would like to connect this to your PC and free shipping. Just give us a call at 1-877-482-976 or e-mail [email protected] for pricing.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
its at 3600 rpm . i tried to post you a pic but you've got it locked, so your on your own. haha

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
its at 3600 rpm . i tried to post you a pic but you've got it locked, so your on your own. haha

If I remember right the drop was due to how they ran the car on the dyno, something about needing to run the rpms up due to either speed or traction issues. I will try to find the post.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked on the Hemi programmers a few minutes ago. DiabloSport said they are still shooting for the middle of this month so it looks like everything is on track. Funny thing is, it seems like every vendor is claiming that they will get the first batch. Based on the number of programmers that DS can produce, they will probably have all vendor orders taken care of a few days after the release.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I checked on the Hemi programmers a few minutes ago. DiabloSport said they are still shooting for the middle of this month so it looks like everything is on track. Funny thing is, it seems like every vendor is claiming that they will get the first batch. Based on the number of programmers that DS can produce, they will probably have all vendor orders taken care of a few days after the release.
Hi Tom!! Will this programmer cover the SRT8's too? Yea, I'm too damn lazy to read the posts here....hehe

Cheers,

BS

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is our last "reminder to buy". We've been told that the programmers are supposed to be shipping to vendors very soon. We'll be keeping the introductory prices available for 2 weeks after Diablo releases them. You can receive a quote by giving us a call at 1-877-482-9763 or shooting an e-mail over to [email protected]. This is the best price that I've seen available. No GP required!

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC
ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763)
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR WEEKLY SPECIALS! INSTALLATION SPECIALS AVAILABLE!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Is there an absolute Yes or No on if these will enable us to re-program for rear gear changes? I'm ordering one anyway, but I remember early reports that these would work for gear changes.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Is there an absolute Yes or No on if these will enable us to re-program for rear gear changes? I'm ordering one anyway, but I remember early reports that these would work for gear changes.
One of the owners of Diablo said in the last statement that gear changes was in the release. The only problem is there are no gears to real world test it, but he says he knows how to test for it even without a physical gear. So we'll have to wait and see till someone trys putting another gear and see if their tuner actually can change the gears without setting off limp mode.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Very Excite! Great Success!
lol'ed. some of the quotes in that movie never get old.

my favorite of course(see my name) is in one of the episodes where hes doing the wine tasting with a couple of yuppies. they poor him a glass, goto taste it at the same time, and he just pounds and goes "ayy ween" as in "i win!"

however my name is not a reference to that ;) but it compliments my "lingo" amongst the friends nicely hahah.

anyhow...
how much would new gears run a person on a car like this(assuming they get released) and what kind of gains could you expect out of something like that?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
anyhow...
how much would new gears run a person on a car like this(assuming they get released) and what kind of gains could you expect out of something like that?
I really think gears would do these cars some good. I think they are gear very poorly for performance. When they put 2.82s in these cars they had gas mileage in mind.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good question about how much gears would be. Gears for alot of other vehicles are a few hundred. I read something awhile ago that said they might be about $1G for these cars.

·
Registered
474 Posts
can someone explain "paddle hold". i would guess that it means you can change the tranny back to being able to keep it in the gear it states when in autostick. but im not sure???

so does this mean i can get the TSB done for the 1-2 shift hesitation. then use diablo to make it stay in the selected gear, like its supposed to??

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.