Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my old aircraft, which has a hydraulically powered (3,000psi) bomb bay, we had a simple saying, "If you never enter an unpinned (safety pin locked out the hydraulic power) bomb bay, you will never get caught in between closing bomb bay doors"

In our case, I cannot say, with %100 certainty that if you never leave your keys in your car, you will never lose your car to thieves. But, given the facts we have, if you NEVER leave your keys in your car, the chances of your car being stolen drop like a damn rock.

Really, we have had reports of three or four LXs being stolen in the last two weeks. In all cases, the owner left the keys in the car. I'm gonna yell now.....

DONT LEAVE YOUR DAMN KEYS IN YOUR CAR!!!!!!! EVER!!!!! NOT IN YOUR GARAGE, NOT IN YOUR DRIVEWAY, NOT IN A DAMN BANK VAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it folks, at least make the bastards work a little!!!!!!!!!Ive watched every single report in three LX fourms, with a combined membership of over 30,000 folks for four years now. Every single driveaway theft has either had a key left in/near it, or the anti-theft has been compromised by a stupid remote start/alarm install.

Protect your stuff. Becaue this:driving: beats this :leaving: every damn time....

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
i honestly don't see how you could keep an easy stomach not having your keys in your possession. My main set stays in my left pocket unless it's in the car and my spare is in a locked briefcase in a locked safe

·
Registered
391 Posts
I swallow my ignition key every time I leave the car alone. It's painful and ugly to retrieve it, but it's worth it.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I agree. Wife thinks I am crazy but if I go outside to mow or anything else I put keys in my pocket.

i honestly don't see how you could keep an easy stomach not having your keys in your possession. My main set stays in my left pocket unless it's in the car and my spare is in a locked briefcase in a locked safe

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
And never leave the keys in the car for 3 minutes, even if your picking up your kid at school. (What a dumb ass)

Not talking about me ^^^^

I dont even leave the keys in the car when its locked up in the garage.

·
Registered
391 Posts
And never leave the keys in the car for 3 minutes, even if your picking up your kid at school. (What a dumb ass)
That video is unbelievable. The guy must have been leaving his car like that on a regular basis because the thief bolts straight for the car as soon as the owner is out of sight.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I was gonna say much in that thread cause I didnt wanna piss everyone off but it looked like it was staged.. He parked way on the other side of the parkinglot in stead of the drop off area right in front of the camera. Far enough away so they wouldnt see who stole it. This probably wasnt the case but it sure looked suspicious.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
I was gonna say much in that thread cause I didnt wanna piss everyone off but it looked like it was staged.. He parked way on the other side of the parkinglot in stead of the drop off area right in front of the camera. Far enough away so they wouldnt see who stole it. This probably wasnt the case but it sure looked suspicious.
Doesn't matter. People do leave their keys in cars. People do leave infants in cars. People by simple nature of being numerous, do a lot of stupid stuff. The point here is a reminder for each of us to be as smart as we can, as often as we can.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I'm reporting your post GLHS....lots of inappropriate language.

Just kidding.:biggrinjester:It takes a real dumb ass to leave his keys in his car. Actually, the keys were in my truck for over a year straight. Of course, I didnt even want it-no one would steal that piece. and if they did, it would have broken down within 10 miles.

People like our cars, and theives like them....like the OP said. Make those bastards work for it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
...and those of us who have had cars stolen that weren't dumb enough to leave the keys in the car, nor left it unlocked? How about those of us who had a car stolen right from their driveway with a second car parked behind it (i.e., stolen car between the garage door and the other car)...while the owner was at home...and about 20 cops in the area...and those same cops managed to NOT catch the thieves...and those same cops who "recovered" the car after the theives crashed it and bailed?

Sometimes we actually do things right and still get screwed.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I use to leave the keys in my car when I lived in Tallahassee all the time in the ignition! I know stupid.:slap:( We lived on the outskirts of the city and the property had a gate so..) Sometimes I do here but I'm a police officer and this is a small area but you never do know. I agree with the OP especially in big cities and high crime areas.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Anyone that leaves the keys in the car deserves to have it stolen, I have no sympathy at all, I might even get a laugh out of it :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Anyone that leaves the keys in the car deserves to have it stolen, I have no sympathy at all, I might even get a laugh out of it :)
Well, that seems a bit harsh. We all make mistakes. Leaving my keys in a running car isn't one that I've made, but I've made plenty others.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts