Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, same design, better pic (same as I used for the Challenger)

I know most of you guys are already fans of the 4 door, but hopefully this pic will get a better response than my last Charger.

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
guyton84 said:
Ok, same design, better pic (same as I used for the Challenger) I know most of you guys are already fans of the 4 door, but hopefully this pic will get a better response than my last Charger.
I am still for the 4 doors, but I do like the incorporated double indents on the side and how it flows into the hump over the rear fender.

I don't care for the sunken/hidden headlights due to aerodynamic reasons. Thats one huge pressure zone with no where for the airflow to go. Yes, it is very much retro of the '68 but try this. Bring the headlights out and mould in a center "scoop" which will mimic the look. You'll have reduced the aerodynamic inefficiencies as well as retain a hint of the retro. Sometimes a hint of the old way is better than just duplicating it.

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CO-Charger said:
I am still for the 4 doors, but I do like the incorporated double indents on the side and how it flows into the hump over the rear fender.

I don't care for the sunken/hidden headlights due to aerodynamic reasons. Thats one huge pressure zone with no where for the airflow to go. Yes, it is very much retro of the '68 but try this. Bring the headlights out and mould in a center "scoop" which will mimic the look. You'll have reduced the aerodynamic inefficiencies as well as retain a hint of the retro. Sometimes a hint of the old way is better than just duplicating it.

Yeah I'm aware that the aerodynamics are flawed. The headlight area is why they changed the design to the charger 500 style with the headlights at the front of the vehicle (and the revised rear window)

But, since I am not designing a REAL car for Dodge, and since I don't have to worry about pesky things like aerodynamics and ride height and all that, I prefer just to make it look good....at least good in my opinion.

Also, yanking a real '68 Charger grill off a Charger pic and slapping it on there is a lot easier than drawing it by hand!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts