Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come up with an innovative modification of the tail lights. I love the car, however i don't like the fact that the new Galants rear end is similar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The only different tail lights I seen as of yet are the lights on the dub edition charger. Would be very nice to see others come up with somethin. Damn this wait between a new car model and people making new mods for it!! >_<

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
mtbatol said:
Damn this wait between a new car model and people making new mods for it!! >_<
no kidding man, i am feeling it also!!!!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yup yup!!! i check every week and nothing new...it will happen, we must be patient my friend....we must - for the kids!!! lol

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
can't a tint guy do that for ya...or is this something you have to order a complete piece

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you look at my pics under the member pics page (maximus) you will notice my lights are tinted. They are not tinted like you tint your windows. They are basically painted on. I dont have the details but i am sure a local customizer or paint shop would know how. It is basically a tinted clear coat i assume. I have a contact that you can have just let me know. You can send them to him and he will do them. It is not cheap however but worth it! I even tinted the bright orange marker lights on the front to match it up. looks good in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I know some people in the Plymouth Prowler forum and many of the guys over there have tinted their tail lights. From what I read, its clear coat mixed with color coat. If I remember correctly its 4-1 (clear to color), but it is recomended to purchase replacement parts to perform this mod, that way you (or your body shop) can get the mixture just right. I will talk to my buddy over at RealRod ((www.realrod.com) he sells custom parts for Prowlers and is the one who would know how to tint taillights) tommorrow and ask him for more info on it.....

·
Registered
403 Posts
maximus said:
If you look at my pics under the member pics page (maximus) you will notice my lights are tinted. They are not tinted like you tint your windows. They are basically painted on. I dont have the details but i am sure a local customizer or paint shop would know how. It is basically a tinted clear coat i assume. I have a contact that you can have just let me know. You can send them to him and he will do them. It is not cheap however but worth it! I even tinted the bright orange marker lights on the front to match it up. looks good in my opinion.

looks good send me the hook up and Im in.

·
Registered
384 Posts
maximus said:
are they DOT leagal?

·
Supporting Vendor (bronze)
881 Posts
Hey folks,

We are over here from the SRT4forum checking things out.

Noticed this thread and it just happens we are looking for a donor car to produce a smoked tail light kit for the new Charger that wont hurt the light itself or cause anything to be permanent such as nightshades.

If anyone in the Phoenix area wants to be a donor for this please contact us. First come first serve for free products. We would rather offer the public this deal than going to the dealer.

If you are interested you can PM us and we work out the details.

·
Registered
384 Posts
RockBlocker said:
Hey folks,

We are over here from the SRT4forum checking things out.

Noticed this thread and it just happens we are looking for a donor car to produce a smoked tail light kit for the new Charger that wont hurt the light itself or cause anything to be permanent such as nightshades.

If anyone in the Phoenix area wants to be a donor for this please contact us. First come first serve for free products. We would rather offer the public this deal than going to the dealer.

If you are interested you can PM us and we work out the details.
Still I ask, IS IT LEAGAL?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
beezn said:
here in az we can get away with murder when it comes to vehicle mods....

at the same time.... you are more likely to get pulled over here with underbody neons then you are with a 24" suspension lifted truck without mudflaps...

so you might not be able to see out the window of your car due to rock chips.... but you better not have glow... :D

·
Supporting Vendor (bronze)
881 Posts
beezn said:
You would have to check your local state laws. Here in AZ you need to be able to see the tail lights from 500ft. Each state is different though. If you are worried about getting a ticket for smoked tails then I wouldnt install anything until you know for sure. The state police should have some reference to the tail lights.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not sure of the law aspect.. In my state you are not allowed to cover the tail lights but not sure how this fits since it is basically painted on. We will see if i get pulle dover for it. until then it stays on...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tail Light Gurus:

I am with the military here in England where they require read tail light indicators (turn signals) to be amber (yellow) and a red rear fog light. For my Chevy Impala, they totally disabled the huge rear turn signals and converted the tiny back up lights to be the indicators and replacing the bulb to amber. The center third brake light became the fog light. For my Hummer, I just bought a new set of ALTEZZA-type tail light lens.

The mod to my Ford Explorer was less invassive to its styling and functionality.

Now, I am looking at buying the Dodge Charger SRT8. I have only seen the vehicle online, but it looks like the typical red rear indicators. Therefore, unless I can come up with a better solution that what my Impala went through, a new Charger will have also have to go through this "ugly" rear-end modification.

So, I was wondering if you Tail Light Gurus might have any ideas? For example, does someone out there make an ALTEZZA-type clear lens/bezel replacement for the Charger rear-end? If so, then I just would need the correct bulbs or shade the lens.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts