Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

These two lights are always on or flashing when I drive.

What does this mean? I haven't done anything recently to my car (besides change the spoiler).

I have followed all proper maintenance.

Please help

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Plugged in my handy Bluetooth OBD reader device and I have 8 error codes.

Any cause for concern?

Reactions: TGUN11

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
That is your electronic throttle control warning light. Have you unplugged it (the throttle body cable) recently? Sometimes unplugging it will screw with it.
Have you had the battery run down and needed a jump lately?

I unplugged mine to work with the air box once and got the same light and it wouldn't idle in gear. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and reconnected and it was gone.

These days, with these cars and how cheap code bluetooth to phone app readers are everyone should have one.

Get the car scanned.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I was writing when you replied, got out of sync with you. A low battery will sometimes cause this, or you have a component going bad.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was writing when you replied, got out of sync with you. A low battery will sometimes cause this, or you have a component going bad.
Thanks for the reply.

I did replace my battery with a used junkyard battery about 2 weeks ago.

Could this be the cause?

If so, the junkyard battery has a 2 year exchange warranty. Should I bother getting a new one? Or should I run this one completely dry before I do so? ( And hope it doesn't die on me)4

EDIT: Unplugged the battery for a few minutes and now the light is gone! Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what do I do about the check engine light?

·
Registered
2019 Chrysler 300S
27 Posts
These codes can go hand in hand, but the U1424 is the code probably setting the check engine light (orange light that looks like an engine).
That code deals with the transmission and wiring, you'll probably need to take it to a mechanic since you cleared the codes and it came back. You definitely got something going on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts