Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im wondering if anyone has had the trans flushed and had a synthetic transmission fluid put in. when i was talking to a guy at work we started talking about his conversation with a guy at chrysler headquarters about the bad lifetime of the transmissions. from what the guy told him 90% of chryslers emplyees drain the transmission when they get the car and put in synthetic and the transmission last twice as long. so im wondering if i should do this.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
So im wondering if anyone has had the trans flushed and had a synthetic transmission fluid put in. when i was talking to a guy at work we started talking about his conversation with a guy at chrysler headquarters about the bad lifetime of the transmissions. from what the guy told him 90% of chryslers emplyees drain the transmission when they get the car and put in synthetic and the transmission last twice as long. so im wondering if i should do this.
If you want to void your warranty. Only put in lubricants as specified in the owners manual. Now - I have no idea if it would be easy to tell the fluids apart - so it may be easily done with no consequences - I am also wary of technical advice from third parties removed... :)

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah but possibly making my trans last twice as long is worth lookin into

·
Registered
5,496 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Chrysler Trannys and ATF +4 are excellent!

I have over a million miles on various Chrysler Trannys and have had ZERO failures over the life. Just follow the service schedule.

Never go to one of those places that does a tranny flush! All you do is push clean fluid though a dirty filter. The only right way is to drop the pan (clean it) and replace the filter and then refill the tranny with ATF+4. Everyting else is a waste of money.

As for people at Chrysler changing the fluid , BS! My entire family works or worked for Chrysler for many years and I can tell you thats just is not the case.

Now, where problems arise is when people mess wit the tranny and add fluid other that ATF+4! The you get trouble!

This is the biggest reason Chrysler "sealed" the LX tranny, to stop people from putting in the wrong fluids!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Chrysler Trannys and ATF +4 are excellent!

I have over a million miles on various Chrysler Trannys and have had ZERO failures over the life. Just follow the service schedule.

Never go to one of those places that does a tranny flush! All you do is push clean fluid though a dirty filter. The only right way is to drop the pan (clean it) and replace the filter and then refill the tranny with ATF+4. Everyting else is a waste of money.

As for people at Chrysler changing the fluid , BS! My entire family works or worked for Chrysler for many years and I can tell you thats just is not the case.

Now, where problems arise is when people mess wit the tranny and add fluid other that ATF+4! The you get trouble!

This is the biggest reason Chrysler "sealed" the LX tranny, to stop people from putting in the wrong fluids!
As he steps off box, I agree, don't put anything BUT ATF+4 In TRANNY!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts