Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I really want those heat extractor scoops on my 392's hood... but a HC hood is like $1,000 - probably not worth it :(...

Looks good! The front end styling makes a huge difference. But might want to take off the SRT badge.

Reactions: Tynarus

·
Registered
859 Posts
Upbadging is EEEVVVILLLL! Probably would look good with nothing at all or the original Dodge logo.

Otherwise, that looks pretty dang sharp! Very jealous.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Do you have fog lights or no? Can't tell from the pic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No fog lights, just mesh grilles like the hood and grille. I've actually been seriously considering going back to fog lights as I do like them. Would not have modified to "Hellcat" front end if I didn't need every single piece on the bumper and hood replaced. Have never been a proponent of "Upbadging" but at assembly time all I had was the SRT emblem to fit the spot and looked bare without it. Didn't touch the back end - still has the "SXT" badge. I need to verify if an SXT emblem will fit the opening. Need to get one to match it up.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
There's not a hole that needs filled, so you don't need to worry about a new badge fitting. The grille emblems clip onto the grille, so you can easily remove the SRT badge, and put in whatever you want. You can order aftermarket grille emblems, stock grille emblems, etc. If you like the look of the SRT emblem but don't want to upbadge, you can find aftermarket emblems with the same styling that say SXT instead.
Anyway, the new front end looks great. I wish they made a replica of that hood for the '14.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
You might be able to replace the mesh where the fog lights should be with the fog light assembly that comes with the non-hellcat SRT.

I think the fascia is the same for both cars, but the Hellcat has plastic inserts instead of foglights.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Looks great, but get rid of the SRT badge. Maybe put the Dodge one there or even a Mopar one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dang did you come out of pocket for the HC stuff or did your insurance hook that up for you. I myself fancy the SRT hood and would settle for just that as I like the foglights on my R/T

·
Registered
400 Posts
I for one love the front end of the SRT's. That looks sharp!

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Usually the insurance will cover cost of replacement of parts and the consumer covers any cost over that for upgrades. Not likely to get the insurance to cover it all, but at the same time it wouldn't be a completely out of pocket expense either. Times like that are an ideal time to upgrade, since they're covering the cost to paint the replacement parts you might as well make those replacments upgraded parts. Most times, paint is a large part of the cost of modding, so doing it after a crash is a great idea.

·
Registered
321 Posts
That turned out looking fantastic. I like hearing that you plan on getting rid of the SRT badging, because you don't want to come across as something that you're not. Congrats on the mod my friend.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Looks awesome! They should offer that as an upgrade for the SXT and R/T.

GTO_04

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I don't know, I don't think their prices are out of line. I've seen that site before and they seem to be in the same price range as their competitors.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Looks like a good price on the hoods. If I owned a 2015 R/T, I would definitely have one of those hoods on it! If Dodge had offered those hoods on the base model R/T I probably would have just bought an R/T after my 2012 got totaled. But now that I've experienced the 6.4L Hemi, there is no going back! I figured a SRT or Hellcat hood would be well over $1K.

GTO_04

1 - 19 of 19 Posts