Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me thier real world numbers (not the window sticker numbers) for the 3.5L SXT Charger? Want to get one with the R/T wheels. It'll either be midnight blue or black. :wink:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would also ask to get the milage by actual gallons per fill up devided by miles instead of what the computer says.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
RT-DAYTONA-RT said:
I would also ask to get the milage by actual gallons per fill up devided by miles instead of what the computer says.
Good thinking. Thank you.

Set your trip meter to 0 when you fill up. The next time you fill up take the miles on the trip meter and divide by the number of gallons you just put in. :wink:

·
Registered
322 Posts
SRTMike said:
Can someone give me thier real world numbers (not the window sticker numbers) for the 3.5L SXT Charger? Want to get one with the R/T wheels. It'll either be midnight blue or black. :wink:

- I bought the "SE" model (3.5L) - and for the 4 weeks that I have had it, I have put approx. 1100 miles on it - and for the first 2 tanks, I calculated 24 miles per gallon. That was stop and go "Back" road driving / not much highway driving. Plus, I have been accelerating a little more quicker than I probably would after I get board with the auto-stick. (though, I haven't been "beating" on it).

I had to drive a dealer loaner Magnum R/T (Hemi) for 3 days, while the dealer was screwing around with getting my "Pro-pack" done (paint protection and apohlstry protection) - And the R/T Magnum was getting about 16-17 mpg on the same roads that I drove my "SE".

Brian T.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I have the Black SXT with the RT Upgrades. I drive to NYC every day and get 25-27 mpg. I'd like better, but it is still about what you would get with most cars with the 3.5 type engine...

It is an awesome car to drive and people who see it love looking at it...!

James T.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Took delivery of my SXT on May 28. Currently have over 8,300 miles on it with 70% of it highway miles. I average anywhere between 24.5 to 26 MPG depending on I-4 and I-95 traffic. Haven't been able to get to the 27 MPG posted on the sticker but then again its hard to keep it under 80 when traffic permits :whistle:

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I have over 6800 miles on my SXT, and I normally get over 21 mpg...which includes a lot of stop-and-go traffic and some 70+ mph highway miles.

On my two long highway trips, I have gotten high 26's and I have even broken the 28 mpg mark on a couple of tanks. :happy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts