Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over the weekend my wife and I went and test drove a 2013 Charger SXT with the Rallye package. I absolutely loved the car. My wife on the other hand had one huge complaint. She did not like the overly pronounced lumbar support on the passenger seat. She swears their was no adjustment for this and due to time constraints I did not get to check it out on my own.

Can anyone confirm or deny that their is no lumbar adjustment on the "sport seats" on the passenger side in the standard SXT with the Rallye package? I believe these are also the same seats on the base R/T.

Just as a side note the drivers side had plenty of adjustments and was extremely comfortable. Anyone else run into this? Can't seem to find anything online and I hate to think I'm the only one.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
She is correct, there's no adjustment on those seats for the passenger side..
and they are set pretty pronounced because they're not adjustable, i also noticed that when my wife was driving last weekend

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm. Thats disappointing. Any possible solutions? Maybe I should look at a different trim level? I like the Rallye since I want more a sportier package.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hmmm. Thats disappointing. Any possible solutions? Maybe I should look at a different trim level? I like the Rallye since I want more a sportier package.
the base Rallye/R/T with cloth seats only has the drivers side adjustible. I believe if you move up to the leather equipped "plus" of each trim level, the passenger side gets the same adjustments the drivers side gets....yup...just checked the dodge website...under standard feature listing on the SXT Plus:

Seating

Nappa Leather Seats
Heated Front Seats
Power Front Driver and Passenger Seats
Driver / Passenger Power 4-Way Lumbar Adjust

Reactive Head Restraints
Heated Second-Row Seats
Rear 60 / 40 Folding Seat
Rear Armrest with Cup Holder Seat

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
they're still very comfortable, maybe she had the seat leaning too far back.. or not enough

not sure which trim levels come with the power passenger seat but will def add some $$ to the price

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone for the feedback! It is greatly appreciated.
She tried moving the seat back and forth to no avail. The issue is she has a back injury from a previous accident mixed with her lack of height :)
I could move up to the SXT Plus with Rallye but it gets a little out of my price range. Another option would be the R/T Plus, with the current rebates is pretty much the same price as the SXT with Rallye I test drove. Just hate to give up that V6 fuel economy.
Thank you again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got the 2015 Charger Rallye and my wife has the same issue with the lumbar in the passenger seat. We actually took it back to the dealership. They said it does stick out very far but had no others to compare it to. So they ordered a new frame and cushion and will install it this week. I'm really hoping it makes a difference. They said if it doesn't change they will make modifications to the seat to make it better. Other than that we love the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After talking to the dealership and Dodge there is nothing they can do about the passenger seat in my Rallye. So i am actually considering taking a hit and buying an RT just so my wife can be comfortable in the car.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
... Another option would be the R/T Plus, with the current rebates is pretty much the same price as the SXT with Rallye I test drove. Just hate to give up that V6 fuel economy.
If you can get the RT Plus for the same price as an SXT, no question get the RT! The modest fuel savings are not worth passing up that deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts