Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Not enough information to compute.

If you have a 3.5, power adders are essentially vaporware at this point. Pick up a complete take-off R/T dual exhaust from Craigslist and a used hand-held tuner.

If you have a 3.6, you can still buy a supercharger, if you don't mind paying what you would have paid for an R/T in the first place. Of course, you'd still have an SXT with tiny BR3 brakes, and you'll never get that money back. Again, an R/T dual exhaust and a hand-held tuner would be about the only suggestions I would have.

Either way, Charger V-6s aren't generally considered to be a great starting point for engine mods. You're better off saving your money for a 5.7 next time around.

BR5 (R/T) front brakes are also a worthwhile upgrade.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Yea - I'd stick with what CtCarl stated.
Do the basics over time - exhaust, brakes..maybe a tune for minimal gain and improved throttle repsonse.

For a supercharger you are looking at somewhere between 7-10k all said and done..

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Yes I have a 3.6 motor, so I’m better off investing in an R/T?
Nothing wrong with the 3.6. But yes, if you're into engine mods, I'd save up for an R/T.

·
Registered
10 Posts
' 3.6 V6"...2020 Charger sxt blacktop stock. Best 0-60 6.7 with launch control active..
Then added my mods.. K and N performance air filter " because my opinion it's stupid to buy a cold air intake on my model charger. The factory airbox draws air directly from under fog light... K and N filter lowered intake air on average 25° in summertime. Usually 5° above outside air temperatures.. big difference"...
And Flowmaster 40 series dual mufflers.
After
2020 Charger SXT blacktop 0-60 5.4 best. average about 5.6. Deff worth the money!!! But would love to lower that 0-60, without supercharger if any suggestions!!!! Would like to turbocharge but not for roughly 3,000$..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts