Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY,

I AM IN THE MARKET TO GET A 2007 CHARGER, BUT I AM HAVING A ROUGH TIME DECIDING BETWEEN THE COST AND PERFORMANCE... NOW I KNOW THE R/T OF COURSE FOR THE GOOD SOUNDING HEMI, BUT I REALLY WANNA KNOW IF I THROW SOME GOOD EXHAUSTS ON THE SXT WOULD IT SOUND JUST AS AGGRESSIVE??? ANYBODY GOT ANY FEEDBACK HIT ME UP [email protected]

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
HEY,

I AM IN THE MARKET TO GET A 2007 CHARGER, BUT I AM HAVING A ROUGH TIME DECIDING BETWEEN THE COST AND PERFORMANCE... NOW I KNOW THE R/T OF COURSE FOR THE GOOD SOUNDING HEMI, BUT I REALLY WANNA KNOW IF I THROW SOME GOOD EXHAUSTS ON THE SXT WOULD IT SOUND JUST AS AGGRESSIVE??? ANYBODY GOT ANY FEEDBACK HIT ME UP [email protected]
it wont, get the r/t

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've seen and heard some sick 3.5's but they still don't sound like a HEMI. They just sound a little different, that 5.7 is just way too aggresive. If you lined em up the HEMI still wins.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
nothing sounds better than a cammed v8 with cutouts :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
If your looking at buying one for the sound then the HEMI hands down. If your looking at buying one and are on a budget and want some play money left over then the SXT.....Good luck!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
R/T all the way if you want that aggressive sound!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Is this a joke? No matter what you do, six cylinders will NEVER sound "JUST" as aggressive as eight cylinders.

·
Registered
998 Posts
There are some sound comparisons here

www.lxsoundclips.com

But in my opinion, the hemi wins out :)

HEY,

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
my vote goes to the R/T. If you plan on having it for a while then the cost difference isn't as much as it may seem, because the R/T gets the same gas mileage as the SXT. and yea the R/T is going to sound and feel better hands down

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The first time you lose to a Mustang you'll wish you had the 5.7...

·
Registered
338 Posts
^^^^^^
LOL...

I looked at both of them when I was shopping for a Charger. Get the R/T, you will not regret it. I drive hard at times and it is nice to have the power there. But on the highway, I get 26.5 MPG doing 70 MPH on cruise control... So the mileage is great... Keep us posted.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Is this a joke? No matter what you do, six cylinders will NEVER sound "JUST" as aggressive as eight cylinders.
Even with open pipes the 3.5 still sounds like a V6. If you're in it for the "aggressive sound" pick one of the V8's.

Best,

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dont forget the insurance factor in the total cost of ownership comparisons.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I bought my R/T for only $2,500 more than my SXT, the peformance or sound isn't even comparable, and I get pretty close to the same MPG. So unless you are on a really tight budget, I would go with the R/T.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
you mean 6.1? cause stock for stock its a drivers race between the 5.7 and GT.
just one question here, how a mid 13 second car is a drivers race with a 14 second car?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
NOT really
i havnt heard about one 5.7 losing to a GT
dude i really dont want to be a ****, i just want you to give the credit when the credit is due, and the mustang gt is faster than a charger r/t. I ve read a couple of post of you stating the same thing. Go to the tracks and see it yourself. The new gts are faster that the new edge gt, having said that throw a C&L and good 93 tune and that car is in low 13s. i hope you dont say that again " i havent heard about a 5.7 losing to a gt", now srt8 will completely destroy a new mustang gt though. By the way your car looks sexy with the srt8 grill

1 - 20 of 42 Posts