Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I got some sad news.... as you can tell, i switched my order from the srt-8 to the RT w/ Road and Track package. Their are several reasons for this

1. Chances of getting an SRT-8 on order are looking slim
2. Rising fuel prices
3. I talked to my dealer and they said (after i had the order in) that DX said they wont be around until Feb.

im sure i'll be happy with the R/T the thing i liked the most was the SRT seats. anyway just given u guys a headsup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
with the money you are saving you can get some srt seats later on down the road......trying to find a positive for you milkdud!!!! hey it is still a charger buddy - things will be alright.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
milkdud99 said:
Hey guys

I got some sad news.... as you can tell, i switched my order from the srt-8 to the RT w/ Road and Track package. Their are several reasons for this

1. Chances of getting an SRT-8 on order are looking slim
2. Rising fuel prices
3. I talked to my dealer and they said (after i had the order in) that DX said they wont be around until Feb.

im sure i'll be happy with the R/T the thing i liked the most was the SRT seats. anyway just given u guys a headsup
milkdud, you're getting an RT with the RT. Where's the sad new's my man? :wink: Now if you had said you were buying a used AMC Pacer with 306,000 miles on it, my heart string's may have been tugged on a bit. Congrats to you!!!! :happy: Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
yeah good point maloy, could always be worse.....what about a pinto...anyone remember those pieces of work? trust us, the charger r/t rocks!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
It is not a bad thing...I do not think we would say anything if you said you had to go with the SE. We are all just happy to be Charger fans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
i second that antmag!!!!!! hey and the charger won today at michigan!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
man didn't kaynes car look great....i love that paint scheme....i tried to get my wife to buy off on the stripes with the dodge ram on the hood and then the dodge on the sides where the daytona is......but alas, i was turned down!!! oh well i will try and butter her up and see if i can do it later on. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not really upset, but anoyed that i wont be going 0-60 in 5 sec...... i plan on puting a cold air intake in, and maybe some other goodies that come out a year down the road. is it true 10-12 weeks for an order??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
I made that comment on another thread when he first did it at indi. I really like it also. But not a mod that I plan to do now. And I have not found any with the dot matrix to go over the sun roof.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
ahh what a buzz kill, didn't even think about the sunroof....ok it is never gonna happen. going to my corner to cry, be back in a little bit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
milkdud99 said:
im not really upset, but anoyed that i wont be going 0-60 in 5 sec...... i plan on puting a cold air intake in, and maybe some other goodies that come out a year down the road. is it true 10-12 weeks for an order??
Have your dealer do a national search and there are R/T with Road and track out there already. They can have it delivered. Here is one.

Had to change it try this one and do a search for the chargers. It is the only dark color one in there inventory. I know it is still there because I pass it everyday. And kick myself in the butt for not waiting another two weeks for it.

http://www-5.chrysler.com/vehsuite/...itesPage=inventory&availableBrands=CD&webKey=

Check out the one for $34,440 look at the window sticker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ANTMAG06 said:
Have your dealer do a national search and there are R/T with Road and track out there already. They can have it delivered. Here is one.

Had to change it try this one and do a search for the chargers. It is the only dark color one in there inventory. I know it is still there because I pass it everyday. And kick myself in the butt for not waiting another two weeks for it.

http://www-5.chrysler.com/vehsuite/...itesPage=inventory&availableBrands=CD&webKey=

Check out the one for $34,440 look at the window sticker.
Well the order is going in monday, and it is fully loaded (Everything but the rear seat video)

i can wait 10 weeks or so. Ive allready had to settle for the 5.7L i dont want to settle on options. im not saying the 5.7 is bad... just saying that i was looking forward to the 6.1L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
ANTMAG06 said:
Even though it was Mayfeild and not Kane I guess it is ok. GO CHARGERS
I Second that Maybe next year Kasey will be more consistenet, cause man tht boy can drive just cant seem to finish good. Damnit man doesent he know so many peoples happiness depends on him winning!! lol. but seriously I'm a big Kasey Khane fan but as long as a Charger wins....I'm Happy :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
Speak in of **** cars, try a Chevy Chevette....used to tell chicks in college that I drove a 'Vette....never told then that it was "Che" instead of "Cor"

Enjoy the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
GoDaddy said:
with the money you are saving you can get some srt seats later on down the road......trying to find a positive for you milkdud!!!! hey it is still a charger buddy - things will be alright.
I think that the Charger with the R/T pkg, has the same seats as the Daytona, which does have the same seats as the SRT-8.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
RT-DAYTONA-RT said:
I think that the Charger with the R/T pkg, has the same seats as the Daytona, which does have the same seats as the SRT-8.
You're right, it does. No need to be sad about the seats.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
236 Posts
GoDaddy said:
yeah good point maloy, could always be worse.....what about a pinto...anyone remember those pieces of work? trust us, the charger r/t rocks!!!!
I owned a 1980 Pinto, the last year they were produced thankfully. I used a Rainier Beer keg tap head for my shifter.

Sorry to go off subject but does anybody have an opinion on how to Break in the Car using the AutoStick?

Should I leave it in "D" (automatic) or run it through the gears?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,426 Posts
milkdud99 said:
Well the order is going in monday, and it is fully loaded (Everything but the rear seat video)

i can wait 10 weeks or so. Ive allready had to settle for the 5.7L i dont want to settle on options. im not saying the 5.7 is bad... just saying that i was looking forward to the 6.1L
Your not settleing, the 5.7 is an awesome powerhouse that has been tested to last. You can also add a blower in the future.....These cars are all Badass.....
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top