Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im new here but cool site, hope everyone is enjoying their charger as much as i am. I am going to be buying an srt8 motor for my charger rt and am trying to find out if anyone is interested in buying my 5.7L motor it has 880 miles on it, and all work pulling it is going to be done by Cowles chrysler. it will include the ecu. just trying to offset the cost of the srt8 motor i will be willing to let it go for a fair price so anyone interested can e mail me at [email protected].
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
591 Posts
shoulda just bought an SRT8 this early in the game. Swapping motors is still a few years (atleast) down the road. Sell your 5.7 to a 3.5 guy....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,199 Posts
A 3.5 guy will need more than just the motor, he'll need the computer to run it, as you'll need the computer to run your 6.1. And of course your Charger will lack the updated transmission programming that comes with the SRT, and the updated traction control and stability control programming, and the suspension, and the brakes. And differential, and axles. Oh, and the Brembo braking system. Did I miss anything?:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
GLHS837 said:
A 3.5 guy will need more than just the motor, he'll need the computer to run it, as you'll need the computer to run your 6.1. And of course your Charger will lack the updated transmission programming that comes with the SRT, and the updated traction control and stability control programming, and the suspension, and the brakes. And differential, and axles. Oh, and the Brembo braking system. Did I miss anything?:)
Seriously!...I wouldn't want to put in the 6.1 without having the limited slip diff. And the upgraded brakes will help bring you back down from all that speed :D

:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wife works for chrysler and i ordered the trans, ecu and motor and brakes. and as far as getting the srt out of the gate well if it was out then i would have but alas i had to go through chrysler cuz they have everything from the 300c srt8 and they checked the numbers and it is all the same for the charger
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,199 Posts
Id love to see some pics when you get the parts, always nice to build a library so when we answer question later, we can post them with circles over the thing we are talking about.

"Where is the #4 cylinder"

Where the heck is my coil?" :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
99 Posts
copcharger said:
wife works for chrysler and i ordered the trans, ecu and motor and brakes. and as far as getting the srt out of the gate well if it was out then i would have but alas i had to go through chrysler cuz they have everything from the 300c srt8 and they checked the numbers and it is all the same for the charger

All those parts and the engine would cost more than selling your car and buying a real srt-8. Save your cash and flip it when they come to market. After spending all that money you still have a hacked up car. If it was a Daytona conversion, that would be no problem. Most of the parts are ad-on anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dont understand how doing all the upgrades would = a hacked up car ive owned a lot of cars and upgrading them is half the fun. aside from the motor and ecu everything else is just simple bolting the parts up and at employee cost it will still come in way under the price of an srt8 charger believe it or not there is a 112% markup when the consumer buys from the dealership and with the price adjustment for northern va the srt8 is going to cost right around 45,000. i got my charger for 34,300 out the door with my wifes discount. i get the motor and ecu for 5 grand, brimbo brakes for 850 and the shocks and bushings for less than 700 so for about 40 grand i get the srt 8 and the work done at a chrysler dealer. that price looks good me. I was just posting this to see if anyone was interested in buying the 5.7 motor to offset some of the costs. the money is not that big of a deal, just trying not to have a motor sitting in my garage wasting away ya know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,425 Posts
JSA 007 said:
Seriously!...I wouldn't want to put in the 6.1 without having the limited slip diff. And the upgraded brakes will help bring you back down from all that speed:
I have herd a couple of people mention the SRT8 coming with LSD. Were did you find this. The only information I can find is that it comes with an upgraded differential and that only states that it has a different gear.
If it does come with an LSD then they have found a way to make Stability control to work with one. That would open the door for the RT guys to upgrade.
________
CuteMichelle18
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top