Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I have a 2006 5.7L Charger R/T, im looking to swap the intake manifold for a stock 6.4L. I've done some research already, but i'd like to get some some feedback on my specific situation. I've seen a few threads regarding this issue but all of them (as far as I have seen) have been about 2011+ models, so please be gentle if i'm breaking the rules or something...

I'm also planning to swap my 5.7 throttle body and CAI for 6.4 models. I have several questions so i'll make them brief;

1. First off, would installing a 6.4L intake on a 2006 5.7L work?? Is it just a bolt on or do I need additional parts? (like fuel rails, map sensor, etc.). Please be specific!

2. Would I be able to install a high performance (95mm - 103mm) throttle body to a stock 6.4 intake?

3. Since 6.4 chargers weren't around in 2006, would I be able to add a 6.4 CAI as well? Or would I need to settle for a 6.1 or even a 5.7?

4. Would I need to get it tuned afterward to drive properly? (not just to operate with the most performance)

Suggestions/links to parts would be highly appreciated!
Any tips on the coming swap would also be well received!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
You would have to contact a shop like Modern Muscle Xtreme in Martinsville Va to see if they have an adaptor plate to fit the older models. From what I remember it is not a simple bolt on like the Eagle motors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm afraid not. I talked to Modern muscle and was told the runners are in a different location so they will not work. Looked and 6.1 upgrade but would do it all fuel rails, injectors, throttle body and it's just too much for right now.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
It' not a worthwhile swap on a pre-eagle, especially with the stock heads. Different story if you're retrofitting eagle heads and camming it. Then you just need the spacers, 392 air tube and rpm switch with pigtail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts