Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had the worst experience in my life. I started about 8pm yesterday spent 2 hours trying to get the dang bumper off(never took it off before). Then i stopped at like 11pm because i went out for a littler bit got home around 2am. I wasnt feeling tired so i figured i might as well have at it some more. I ended up having to rebake and open the headlights because while trying to wire the headlights i dropped the driver headlight with the wires attached so the wires came undone. At this point im panicking because i never attemped to do the whole baking thing. So i baked them for 15mins at 250 degrees got everything wired back up. So now its like 4am my eyes are straining lol. I finally get the halos wired but now the hids didn't like the relay because my driver side wouldnt light up. So i tried flipping the capacitor because it didn't look like the way(dynog) had his. BAD Idea fried the cap. So i figured i'd use my BOW eliminators thats never gave me any problems with my hids. Worked like a charm no strobing or anything. Now its like 6am im putting the fascia back on trying to screw everything in(Remember i've never done this) Bolts arent going in so i just said screw it and went to bed at 7am. But i do have a pic of the final result. I'll have more up later with the halos on.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Man that sucks! This is probably what I will go through when I get and install my halos. I have never taken the bumper off or baked ANYTHING! Oh well atleast you got it done.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Man that sucks! This is probably what I will go through when I get and install my halos. I have never taken the bumper off or baked ANYTHING! Oh well atleast you got it done.
Thats why I havent gotten halos because I dont know how to bake headlights haha!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats why I havent gotten halos because I dont know how to bake headlights haha!
Its pretty simple the only thing is you have to work fast which was hard since they were hot. Then pulling them apart was kinda hard too. But really what im concerned with is i couldnt quite get them back together even when i rebaked them the glue didnt want to go. But hopefully i got it good enough not to have any issues. But i wouldnt have tried to do this if i didnt previously have halos so i just cut and redid the same wiring. But i doubt i'd ever attemped to put halos on and wire them myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts