Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guy’s! I have a quick question.
I have two car’s….I have a 2016 Challenger SRT 392 and a 2020 Charger RT. The question is I want to switch out the both cars wheels, calipers, rotors, wheel hubs etc. Is that possible or it will not fit or have buy parts to fit? I just like the SRT wheels and rotors on the Charger, it will look so badass😃.
Let me know guys and let’s keep it respectful.
Thanks and Mopar or no car!! 🤙🏽😎

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
It's possible, but not very practical. What do you plan to do with the '16 once it has underrated BR5 R/T brakes? Sell it or drive it?

Much simpler to just upgrade the R/T to BR9 Pursuit brakes with 14.5" rotors and not have to strip the SRT.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Looks like the Charger has 4 piston Brembos up front with slotted rotors, not the generic BR5's (it is very hard to tell, but the calipers look flat black with Brembo stenciled on them) .

Yes you can swap the fronts around using the knuckles (they have a deeper curve cast into them to allow clearance for the wider wheels), rotors, calipers & carriers, and brake lines. The rears may be harder due to having to swap the whole hub assembly.... then your 392 Challenger would be left with inadequate brakes for the speeds it can obtain.
If the Charger does have the the 4 piston Brembos, then I'd just paint the calipers and carriers red and be done.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Looks like the Charger has 4 piston Brembos up front with slotted rotors, not the generic BR5's (it is very hard to tell, but the calipers look flat black with Brembo stenciled on them) .

Yes you can swap the fronts around using the knuckles (they have a deeper curve cast into them to allow clearance for the wider wheels), rotors, calipers & carriers, and brake lines. The rears may be harder due to having to swap the whole hub assembly.... then your 392 Challenger would be left with inadequate brakes for the speeds it can obtain.
If the Charger does have the the 4 piston Brembos, then I'd just paint the calipers and carriers red and be done.
I'm pretty sure his 2020 R/T has the Performance Handling group which comes with those 20x9 wheels and the 4 Pot Brembos (and SRT style knuckles) along with the Scat Pack High Performance suspension (springs/shocks).

In that case you already have the SRT style knuckles so if you wanted to put a set of the 6 piston brembos and swap the rotors in front you could....

I don't know why you would do that but knock yourself out...

I'm just confused do you want to completely swap from car to car? You could certainly do that and it should all fit since you have the same spindles just probably need to move the front brake lines too. I think it would diminish the value of both cars but that's up to you!

·
Registered
266 Posts
The wheels can swap on the RT without changing anything. Anything smaller than the 20x9.5 WONT fit over the 6 piston brembo brakes so you can't fit the R/T wheels on that Challenger.
Of note, the new HEMI fender badge looks to be changed

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The wheels can swap on the RT without changing anything. Anything smaller than the 20x9.5 WONT fit over the 6 piston brembo brakes so you can't fit the R/T wheels on that Challenger.

View attachment 300745
They'll fit even better on his Charger since he has the same spindle as the SRT. Good point on the 6 pot Brembos and the 20x9 coming off the Charger.... of course if he's swapping the brakes too it would work.

They changed the "HEMI" badge for the 2020 model year... kinda wish I had it on my 2019 since I have Satin Carbon wheels would match better!

·
Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
2,432 Posts
They'll fit even better on his Charger since he has the same spindle as the SRT. Good point on the 6 pot Brembos and the 20x9 coming off the Charger.... of course if he's swapping the brakes too it would work.

They changed the "HEMI" badge for the 2020 model year... kinda wish I had it on my 2019 since I have Satin Carbon wheels would match better!
Light Plant Line Font Screenshot

They fit just fine behind factory 20x9's lol.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,394 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Well that's good to know, don't think I've ever seen 20x9 over the 6 pot Brembo. Factory always had 20x9.5 with a different offset.
Was one of the first I'd say real mods I did to it. Give them credit for it being completely retrofittable. LOVE these brakes lol.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Interesting, about the SRT 20x9 fit the 6 pots. Are those forged?

Reactions: HemiLonestar

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Interesting, about the SRT 20x9 fit the 6 pots. Are those forged?
I don't THINK so, normally it would say on the wheel somewhere like the ALCOAS. They're the stock 2012-2014 (I have a 12) SRT wheels that come with the car. 11-14 SRT Challengers got them as well.
I'm not a Ford guy but for some reason I always had a spot for those later Marauders.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
The WRT wheels are forged and the SRT ones too, the rest are just cast aluminum.. look for this stamping on the inner part of the wheel for forged ones ("superalloy"):

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts