Votes: 6 17.1%
  • LEAVE IT

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My name is Brian and I have a 2007 Charger R/T. I am looking at upgrading the suspension on my R/T and were wondeirng what people thought was the best bang for the buck. I have seen some people that upgrade to an SRT8, and others the go after market like Eibach and other brands. Some just put on sways and other do coil overs. Can people give their opinions/experiences with the different mods/upgrades please?

thanks in advance
Brian in Va.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I went with the KWV2s because you can adjust both the height and the stiffness of the ride. I've adjusted the height more than a few times to get mine just right, especially after going from 18s to 22s. I've also adjusted the dampers a few times to get the ride just to where I wanted it, not to stiff/bouncy and not to sloppy. I love them. They did cost $1500 though.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
No Hotchkis (sp?) choice?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can anyone confirm that the sway bars on an R/T are the same on the SRT8, or are they different. They have different part #'s.

thanks
Brian

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
if you have r & t you need to replace rear shocks if you get springs too. Unfortuanately

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I don't see the big deal with adjustability. I have the eibach springs and shocks. No they don't adjust, but why would I want to adjust it. Its sitting just like I want it. All for about $700 plus install.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
it kind of depends on what you want. do you want a drop or just better handling? for handling i'd just put sways on, they'll make a huge difference. if you want a drop and handling i'd go with v2's or st's. i wouldn't buy some used srt8 suspension. it may seem like a good idea but i'd heard it isnt that good compared to v2's and it squeeks and all kinds of stuff. hope that helps!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I love my KW V1s, but I'm curious about how many guys/gals actually dial-in the ride on the V2s? If I'm correct, that's the only diff between the V1s and the V2s, do the V2 people really adjust the dampening?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I bought and installed the MOPAR Performance System, which consists of KW V-2's and Eiback Front and Rear Sway Package....AND it has MOPAR's stamp of approval on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
do the V2 people really adjust the dampening?
I've done it quite a bit. Soften it up for the local driving with relatives in the car. Tighten it up for everything else. I also have sways and if you want performance you really need both sways and coilovers.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
That is seems like a very good price... but remember that the EDFC system is extra... like 350.00 more... but you don't have to do this part but it ROCKS to have it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am thinking of getting the ST coilovers. Question though I have the 3.5l do I really need to get sways or are they more for the srt's and such?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts