Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2008 Charger with the 2.7L engine with 141k miles on it. I just replaced the timing chain, oil pump, water pump, map sensor, intake charge temp sensor, new cardone throttle body, radiator and thermostat, and all the seals to the injectors as well as the intake manifold to include the small egr seal and added a little extra rtv to ensure that little guy sealed properly. My problem is when it first started it idled rough and was in limp mode with the check engine and throttle body lightning bolt flashing. I’ve attempted the procedures attached below as well as the fuse pull for the ecu and connecting the two battery terminals overnight to drain the ecu power in an attempt to force the ecu to reset. Now it won’t even start but for a second up to about 500rpm then dies. The engine is only throwing the throttle body code with both the old and new throttle bodies installed. I’m sure it’s something simple I’ve overlooked but can anyone steer me in the right direction?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I pulled the throttle body off completely and the engine started right up but idled rough. As soon as I placed my hand over the intake to restrict air intake to a minimum it idled out beautifully and was able to press the accelerator and rpms increased normally for limp mode. I’m going to begin troubleshooting the 6 wires going to the throttle body.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update2 I’ve de-pinned the 6way plug going to the throttle body. I have found the #5 dark blue with light green stripe (which should be a ground has 3.8 volts run through it when the key is switched to the on position. The power is being supplied by the #21 relay in the front power distribution center. Unfortunately it is not labeled in the manual so I have no idea what it should be doing. However, the only other pin that has 3.8 volts is the #3 pin next to the #5 pin. So now my question is should there be 3.8 volts momentarily passing through the designated ground when the key is turned to the on position prior to start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts