Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got off a 750 mile trip and had a weird thing happen. Pulled off the interstate to get some gas and when I pulled up to the pump and stopped, the car surged three or four times like it wanted to go through the brakes...I know the 5.7L is a little potent but that really got my attention...anyone else encounter this? Also, I was running around 75 - 80 when, invariably, some slowassed right lane doofus would jump in front of me. To keep from running over said idiots, I'd hit the brakes and the rpms will hang up around 3K for a few seconds and then fall to a normal range; I wonder if these two problems are related.

Thx

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Sometimes when I am driving with ESP on, and I have to brake kind of quick, HAL downshifts for me, both on the interstate and in 45-55mph traffic... I haven't experienced any surges when stopped though...
Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you have EVIC and can get to the "Special" section by holding the Compass button and the Music not button you can see what throttle pedal position it is reading. Do that and see if it is reading a percentage when you are out of the gas and it should be zero.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just got off a 750 mile trip and had a weird thing happen. Pulled off the interstate to get some gas and when I pulled up to the pump and stopped, the car surged three or four times like it wanted to go through the brakes...I know the 5.7L is a little potent but that really got my attention...anyone else encounter this? Also, I was running around 75 - 80 when, invariably, some slowassed right lane doofus would jump in front of me. To keep from running over said idiots, I'd hit the brakes and the rpms will hang up around 3K for a few seconds and then fall to a normal range; I wonder if these two problems are related.

Thx
I cant judge how MAJOR a surge you encountered, but in the severe desert heat with the aircon on full blast here in vegas, our Charger's idle would cycle up and down about 500 to 600 rpm. This happened prior to installing the SuperChips with the 91 octane tune and the Mopar Headers & Flowmasters.

People thought I was reving the engine. NOT

Now its very smooth..... no clue why.

I don't know how they work, I just drive em.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts