Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone...

Well, it looks like the Diablo is finally out. I do see some reviews here, but I am really interested in those who have the Superchips, and are switching to the Diablo.

I myself, as with many other Superchips users are very happy with the performance results we get...it's a whole new car.

I have been using the 91 Octane and Perf. transmission tunes since February 07, and never looked back.

So....if anybody switched, please post your comparisons....as these are the only reviews I can relate to...

Thanks,
- Mark

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hi Everyone...

Well, it looks like the Diablo is finally out. I do see some reviews here, but I am really interested in those who have the Superchips, and are switching to the Diablo.

I myself, as with many other Superchips users are very happy with the performance results we get...it's a whole new car.

I have been using the 91 Octane and Perf. transmission tunes since February 07, and never looked back.

So....if anybody switched, please post your comparisons....as these are the only reviews I can relate to...

Thanks,
- Mark
X2

·
Registered
326 Posts
x3. . .

And if any of the vendors want to start a trade-in program I'm interested in that too!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I only have had the predator. I was debating between the Predator and the SC, but the predators extra value features such as the Fan adjustments and NoESP we're worth the price of admission alone. The tune is powerful. I actually feel at times that I need to back off the throttle. I can break the tires loose with full ESP on and only 60% predal. Dunno if this helps. I'm sure by Thursday all the overnight HHP people will have their orders so you'll have more people to give you their opinion about the two.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
i have both, i bought the SC with the last hhp gb. the options are similar to start with (oct and cai) but that is where it stops. the diablo does so much more that a true comparison cannot be done because they just arent anywhere near the same.

the diablo is a REAL tuner, it has more options than i could go through on the first night with it installed. the SC turned out to be more of just a pos jet chip that did one thing, but never got a good update to do anything else.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
yeah, superchips has really dropped the ball, they pretty much had the market cornered on tuners...if they would have just invested more time in our vehicles they would have had alot more loyal customers.

I had held out on the diablo thinking/hoping that with the internet updateability superchips would bring more to the table and compete. Reading this forum and seeing what the Predator can do - im sold.

Even on the flashpaq forum (superchips), the company is acknowledging the fact that they are only putting out a very basic/generic tune - they are saying that's all they are good for and serious performance is not their forte'.

I was once happy with this product but now dissapointed because i believe they could have done alot more - they just made enough money initially to make the project successful and stopped. sad sad sad

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah, I tend to agree with hendge. SC "could" have brought alot more out of the 3825. I think the buyout of the Co. had some part in it. From the very little talk on the flashpaq forum, it seems the programmers have the knowledge and ability, but the higher ups in the Co. don't or won't take the plunge. I like the SC for what it does, but know it could do more. If I start reading more posts like PlumCrazy and others, the SC could be put on the shelf and I will order the Diablo. I just like the fact that right now, Diablo appears to be willing to make this product shine vs. SC staying stagnant or moving back a couple of steps. I just hope that Diablo will stay onboard with the LX platforms and not pull a SC stunt.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, for me, the Superchips is perfect.....I am a very simple guy...just give me the basics for more HP..which it does. I already have the NoESP mod with a push of the button...I rather that than disabling it full time.

The big sale for me would be the MDS shutoff.......if they can release that........I think I may have a new programmer.....that would be the only reason for me to change.

- Mark

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i believe the "esp on/off" thing with the predator is actually an "on the fly" option, in that, you can input it, and itll reprogram it to on/off pretty much on the spot.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Damn.....it looks like Im buying a new tuner!!! so long S/C....

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
If you already have SC and you only have very minor modifications, you might as well keep SC. It isn't worth spending another $400 (unless you have extra money to throw around). But if you ever want custom tuning flashpaq is out of the question. But if you don't have a tuner and you are looking to buy one, there is no reason to choose flashpaq over diablo. Diablo is better in every way.

·
Registered
433 Posts
can you adjust the rev limiter? kuz on the superchip it says u can, but it doesnt work when i try

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
can you adjust the rev limiter? kuz on the superchip it says u can, but it doesnt work when i try
You can adjust the rev limiter in D, I set mine to 6200 for now. You can degrease the rev limiter in N, but why?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you already have SC and you only have very minor modifications, you might as well keep SC. It isn't worth spending another $400 (unless you have extra money to throw around). But if you ever want custom tuning flashpaq is out of the question. But if you don't have a tuner and you are looking to buy one, there is no reason to choose flashpaq over diablo. Diablo is better in every way.
Well, the SC has been around a while, so it's much cheaper...not to mention, you probably can get it used.

- Mark

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i believe the "esp on/off" thing with the predator is actually an "on the fly" option, in that, you can input it, and itll reprogram it to on/off pretty much on the spot.
I guess that would be good for earlier R/T models, as you can disable it with the turn of the key in newer R/T's without any programmer or mods.

- Mark

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yep. i dont ahve turn key :(
no fan mod.

so those 2 parts of the pred alone, with even just the canned tunes make it worth way more than a SCT to me. and then theres even more!

i talked to Andy for a while on my lunch break, over at PPP.
he is so enthusiastic about the diablo.
they are making the diablo PART of all of their forced induction packages, because it is so great at tuning our engine that its basically a must have for any major mod. so they are just supplying it with the packages.
He explained to me how a lot of the custom tuning can be done VIA EMAIL just by uploading your logged data to a computer. sending it to PPP, and theyll send it back.

he said he can help with shift firmness, by itself if u wanna tweak it up. He can tailor to exactly what your car needs, and what you want. based on all your mods. and at that, you dont have to pay for hours of dyno time.

he gave me some prices, and im blown away by how awesome they are when it comes to custom tuning and will definately be doing a bit of it with PPP. im very glad i made my purchase with these guys :)
Thanks again Andy.

and seriously. if you want to tweak even the small things in your car. or skip the wire cutting and module adding, for fans and esp delete. not to mention the pure horsey gains. this is for you. i cant wait to recieve mine! this is worse than waiting for my ehxuast system.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
dudeiwin86, don't forget to mention 10 foot long tire marks on the road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts