Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really like my SC tuner for my girl friends car to adjust the speedo for the bigger tires-BUT-it has a problem with pinging on the 91 tune even with 93 fuel in it. SO i call super chips and ask to speck to a tech. i asked if the 87 tune detunes our cars since the 5.7's run 89 min from the factory and after speaking to 3 different tech on the phone i got 3 different answers [ yes-no-and i dont know] WTF!!!!!! THEN I TOLD THEM THAT I AM SIGNED UP ON THEIR SITE AND WANT TO DO A UPDATE ON MY TUNER BUT THEIR SITE WONT TAKE MY USER NAME OR PASSWORD FOR THE PAST 2 MONTH'S. so the person i'm speaking with trys my name and pass word and say's to me [HEY IT'S NOT WORKING] then he trys his own and it's not working either. SO i send my tuner to them [working] for a updata with a check for $12.50 for return shiping-and guess what? it comes back to me not working at all. WHEN I PLUG IT INTO THE CAR IT SAYS TO CONTACT SUPERCHIPS. I'LL never buy another superchips product ever!!!! the people on the phone side step your questions and their products have always had a problem with spark knock on every one i have ever bought for any of my cars and trucks. I'M DONE WITH SPENDING MY MONEY ON THEIR JUNK.:(

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Man, they really fell from grace. Got product built, recognized a revenue event, peaks of built of demand waned, they stop updating, caring....supporting.

I was so close, so many times, to pulling the trigger on buying one. Hope our boys at Diablo don't go the same route. I suspect the fact that they ALWAYS have to support their CMR Dyno dealers we are a bit safer, but wow...just wow - RIP Superchips LX Products.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm not saying their stuff doesnt work. i was a tuner for a custom truck shop a couple of years ago and their truck tuners work and they work very well-but this tuner is junk-YES it adjust's the speedo back right on the money but on their 87 fuel tune the car run's like a dog [it's better on the stock tune] and on their 91 tune the car ping's like MAD any were over 3000 RPM. AND NOW MY DOESNT WORK AT ALL. I WANT A DIABLO but over on LXforums THERE SEEMS TO BE SMALL PROBLEMS WITH THAT UNIT ALSO. theres a problem with the fans runing all the time. AND THERES A PROBLEM WITH RPM surge on some of the 5.7's. and the trans bump at red lights are happening with the diablo also. THE ONLY ONE THAT I SEE THAT WORKS WITH OUT ANY PROBLEMS IS THE B&G FLASH. thats just my 0.02 opinion.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Wow, Steve sorry to hear of this. I loved my SuperChips until we moved over to a Diablo setup.

I don't think you will ever have any issues with Diablo if you move on over to a Predator. I agree with PaCharger on that.

I also had a problem updating our SC like you did too Steve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts