Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Superchips is finally getting serious about leveling the playing field with their latest firmware upgrade for the Flashpaq. You can control your cooling fans, turn off the MDS and even adjust your idle! I was ready to throw mine out and buy a Predator but decided to see if they had anything new so I hooked it up tp my PC today and was pleasantly surprised! Anyone else get this latest upgrade to firmware version 1.23?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
lololol superchips thats been dead in the lx community longer then micheal jacksons career.

·
Registered
324 Posts
good post I will be hooking my up tonight.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
funny diablo is graduating college and superchips just left kindergarden and we are happy about that . superchips= greatest let down .

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Very nice. Though, everybody 'ditched' their Superchips once the Diablo came out for our cars, I always loved the Superchips...and in fact, the only reason I parted with it was to get the MDS shutoff when I had my R/T...

Also...people did not like the way Superchips support was, re: firmware and things...well guess what..............

Diablosport is no better now.....

Their service and support suck...unless you like one worded answers from their support forum. I cannot even get a 93CAI tune to work in my car....not to mention, those with first gen Predators.....the firmware or enhancements are just about done........I mean, just check their support forum...issues galore. In fact, there are 2 firmware updates now...those with the older Predators (last update Feb), and those with newer (last update June)...........

They have their new Trinity to deal with now...oh well..

- Mark

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
yes but where would tunning be for the cars if it was upto superchips? ill tell you ! in the stone age . we can now cmr tune our cars and have much better service then superchips ever had.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have both tuners in hand now, kept the SC for 0-60 timer and to see if i could get better millage than DS (it doesn't). SC is far behind DS for support, i tried to update my tuner today and i just can't log in because the more they try to do with these the worst get it done. Sc forum is down, probably because they don't want that their customers know about all the trouble others have with it.
I still can update my DS and their forum is up and running good. I haven't PMed DS often but everytime i did i got a reply quickly. Sc take about 2-5 days if not more to answer. That tells it all.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
thats what im saying s/c cant even hold a candle to diablo.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
yes but where would tunning be for the cars if it was upto superchips? ill tell you ! in the stone age . we can now cmr tune our cars and have much better service then superchips ever had.
I would say about less than 3% of Diablo owners have custom CMR's....Have you had active service/trouble requests in with Diablosport? I have. 3 to be exact, and they told me to add a catch can....which I did...and it still did not help a damn thing. Members on this same forum sold their Diablo's because of the compatibility issues with some 2008 SRT models.................

Diablosport burned me.......so they suck in my book.

- Mark

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
well you can make some of the people happy some of the time, you can make all the people happy some of the time but you can never ever make everyone happy all of the time. id say more then 3 percent have a cmr tune on the forums . i feel bad your having problems and that you couldnt get it worked out. in general diablo is a leagues above s/c. have i had problems with my car that diablo fixed ,answer yes. we have to keep in mind that diablo has done what they have done without the help of mopar. so if there is some encoding that they may have missed and makes there product 99 percent effective then tahts mopar's fault.if they had released there encryption to diablo so they could write a full proof program then the product would have been 100 percent. for a company that had to hack the pcm and tcm id say they did a fine job.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
well you can make some of the people happy some of the time, you can make all the people happy some of the time but you can never ever make everyone happy all of the time.
You know, I am a very simple guy. I am far from mechanical type person with cars, but.....the Diablo has 4 can tunes for the SRT....just 4......why can't all 4 work as advertised? I am not asking for much at all. If me being happy all the time means that a product I paid almost $400 for should work....than, I'll take it.

I now what your saying, and I appreciate the dialog.........but, I do hate Diablosport.

- Mark

·
Registered
271 Posts
Superchips

Been very pleased with it. Support isnt bad, people that have firewalls have problems with updates.

i run 87 mileage XS tune, and 17 -18 mpg is normal. city. Grampa drivin...

Now 91 tune, I dropped the fan temps (10) down a bit, havent changed stat yet,less tq management, stock shift points.Auto -kick

Car runs very strong with nice hard shifts!
It has some data logging, car runs strong Mopar CAI and "creemed exhaust.

, and used is cheap.Its way better than stock. And yes I do drive mello during the week. and some weekends Ruby gets 93 oct.Then it really eats the gas , cuz ya drive like a test maniac! Fun.

Ronn

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I love my SC. Had he fans reset and MDS off for months now. No reason for me he get the Predator. I have always had great support from the SC folks.
D a n a

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Hmmm, with all these updates I may be getting a SC AGAIN!!! I just sold my pred (needed the cash), so I don't want to be running stock for too long...I got spoiled by having a tuner in the car since the spring after I bought it.

I liked my SC for what it did back then...but a lot of people were pissed because they didn't deliver on their promise of custom tuning. Oh well... I still thought that it delivered some improvement over stock, and that's why I bought it.

Anyone have one for sale? :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Does anyone know if the Super Chip works with the New Generation 5.7 HEMI in the 2009s?
The Predator doesn't seem to work on the 2009s (5.7L).

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I would say about less than 3% of Diablo owners have custom CMR's....Have you had active service/trouble requests in with Diablosport? I have. 3 to be exact, and they told me to add a catch can....which I did...and it still did not help a damn thing. Members on this same forum sold their Diablo's because of the compatibility issues with some 2008 SRT models.................

Diablosport burned me.......so they suck in my book.

- Mark
Sorry to hear about your poor dealings with DS. I've had no such problem. In fact, I found their customer service exceptional. They were very patient and walked me throught what I needed to do. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
838 Posts
well you can make some of the people happy some of the time, you can make all the people happy some of the time but you can never ever make everyone happy all of the time. id say more then 3 percent have a cmr tune on the forums . i feel bad your having problems and that you couldnt get it worked out. in general diablo is a leagues above s/c. have i had problems with my car that diablo fixed ,answer yes. we have to keep in mind that diablo has done what they have done without the help of mopar. so if there is some encoding that they may have missed and makes there product 99 percent effective then tahts mopar's fault.if they had released there encryption to diablo so they could write a full proof program then the product would have been 100 percent. for a company that had to hack the pcm and tcm id say they did a fine job.
Thats some funny stuff right there!!! Blaming Mopar for DS's problems! Ha hahah.. No DS took it upon themselves to "hack" the software then released a half backed product to get your money. Then issue patch after patch to try to fix the product. Looks like very little testing was done in the early days.
Blaming Mopar is just silly because Mopar was and is under no obligation to support or help these tuners in any way.

99% good? thats a bit of an exageration, yes the thing works but lots of people have bugs, maybe DS should not have sold it until they got it actually working.

But is not just DS, any aftermarket tuner is going to be buggy, nature of the business because all OEM's change and update thier software all the time for drivability/emmisions/economy. So Aftermarket is and will always be at least 1 step behind.
That opens the door to dead cars. tunes that won't load or work. You buy Tuners, you take a chance. Thats just the way it is. If it works, great, but if it does not, then your stuck waiting on iffy support.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
well ask your self this ! chevy and ford fully support the aftermarket scene with tunning and there are no problems with there tunning . im not a computer programmer or "hacker" thats a big word because if they didnt have to there product would be 100 percent. thats like being in the chop shop buisness and complaining to an auto thief that the ignition is broken. i cant say a bad word for them ,simply because if they didnt exist neither would my sig. as a matter of fact a lot of people's sig wouldnt exist. there just wouldnt be anyone taking there cars to the next level.or at least try to without diablo.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts