Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
A guy in vegas bought a BB SRT8 with a GSM S/C set at 4.5 boost. He rolled up on me one day. I bout carpped my pants. I told him bout the site but never saw him on it.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
There is someone on the forums here with a turbo setup. I think his name is Mr. Bill or something like that. He has the new CIS turbo system on his Super Bee. I think he's located in Ohio. Last time I checked, they were still working some kinks out, but its in and running. But he also has insane amounts of engine work done too if Im not mistaken... Look it up, the threads are around here somewhere.

-Pat

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I would do it in the spring, how much does it cost and would it kill my car lol? I have no issue spending the money for it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would do it in the spring, how much does it cost and would it kill my car lol? I have no issue spending the money for it.
6 grand (give or take, not including install) Since the CMR tunning software is out, there should be no problem tunning the turbo kit.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Well there is tons of info out there on it. I want to say the turbo system itself is somewhere around 6 grand, maybe 6,500. Then there's all kinds of bells and whistles you can add on to the kit from there. But in the mean time, I would start beefing up the internals on your engine like this guy did over the winter, so come spring time your car is ready to handle the turbo system in the most efficient manner. Start looking for a good speed shop in your area for install too, you are definitely gonna need dyno tunes to get this baby running right!

Here is his thread, read up on what he did and see if its something your interested in:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53151&highlight=phase+two+turbo

-Pat

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Thanks guy's I will most definably look into it, I may slowly buy all the parts over the winter to get it started and then have it all installed in the spring since it will be in storage. Then go for the supercharger, if I can build my own PC and spend 6 grand, I can afford the supercharger LOL.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey guys. I just ran across this thread and thought I would chime in since my name was mentioned.

Yes indeed I have the turbo set up in my Bee. You can see my other mods below. I am pulling the trigger on the new half shafts and a Quailfe now. In the spring I will be rebuilding the bottom end with forged billet components to make it stonger and increase the displacement to 392 ci. Then I will have the capacity to boost up to 15 PSI easily. The engine will be rated between 700-800 HP. The weak spot then will be the transmission and that will be addressed later next year.

PPP did resolve a boost issues recently and is now able to increase it to 8-9 PSI. I will be getting this fix after the SEMA show is over. The other delay is that the CMR software on the Diablo will not work without special turbo boost fuel tables build into the programming. The CMR software is not designed to account for the AFR change required when the turbo boost is engaged. Without the turbo fuel tables installed in the programmer, it would run lean and potentialy blow the motor when boosting. So until Diablo gets these new turbo fuel tables done I will not be able to get the full benefit of the fully tuned turbo.

Right now I am running a Unichip and it is OK, buy the boost leaks due to the light spring installed (4 lb.) in the waste gate. This will be resolved with the fix I mentioned above. So that is the story right now. I can't wait for next spring. I am determined to hit 10s in the 1/4 mile and sub 4.0 seconds in my 0-60 time.

I have had Rider Graphics change my Bee logo to Turbo Bee and it is in the mail to me now. Can't wait to see how it looks.

Stay cool and stay tuned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts