Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to boost an 06 3.5L Charger. I've seen a couple posts and videos of superchargers specifically for the 3.5 but I cant find literally ANYTHING about it. What little I have found has led me straight to a website domain that was no long available/for sale. If theres not a solid way to supercharge the V6 anymore, I'd be curious about a spinny swirly boy. I've seen next to no chargers, new and old, with turbo setups. Biggest worry is I know significantly more ab superchargers than I do turbos so help.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I believe in the end it's always cheaper or more cost effective just to buy an RT.

Someone more knowledgeable may chime in.

I remember the name Tidal Wave floating around?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe in the end it's always cheaper or more cost effective just to buy an RT.

Someone more knowledgeable may chime in.

I remember the name Tidal Wave floating around?
I believe Tidal Wave was one I looked for but their website domain was sold. I cant find then anywhere. And ik itd be better to just get a V8 but it's a whole game between me and my cousin on if I can get my SXT to smear his R/T

·
Registered
198 Posts
I believe Tidal Wave was one I looked for but their website domain was sold. I cant find then anywhere. And ik itd be better to just get a V8 but it's a whole game between me and my cousin on if I can get my SXT to smear his R/T
You "can" but some things just aren't worth doing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You "can" but some things just aren't worth doing.
I'm less worried about how worth it itll be and more worried about doing it. I dont really care if itll be worth it or not I just want to do it because itll be fun. No amount of money ever bought a second of time.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm less worried about how worth it itll be and more worried about doing it. I dont really care if itll be worth it or not I just want to do it because itll be fun. No amount of money ever bought a second of time.
Then just find a custom shop and tell them what you want. If the Tidal Wave is longer available you have no other option.

·
Registered
123 Posts
RIPPS superchargers?
They make a kit for the next gen chargers (11-14). Perhaps talk to them and see if they have something or if it’s easily retrofitted.
I’m not super familiar with the v6 cars but one guy that I used to follow on insta fully built his 3.6(?) to a 4.0, cammed, supercharged on nitrous and ran like 11s in his challenger. Was definitely interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
For the price of super charging or Turbo charging you could just LS swap it. That being said, your 3.5L is a design from the early nineties that went into the Dodge Intrepids both 1st and 2nd Gen. It was also briefly revised into a 4.0 l engine. The 4.0 was replaced with the current day 3.6 l pentastar For which there are 2 or 3 centrifugal Superchargers available. To my knowledge back in the day, there was never a Whipple style super charger for the 3.5 liter. The only super charger ever offered was by Paxton for the 3.5 liter V6 in the Plymouth prowler . I am sure that the kit is no longer available. If you Google it you will find an article on hotrod.com
I am pretty sure you are looking at a custom centrifugal supercharger or Turbo charger set up. Shoot you could probably even give it a 75 shot of Nitrous. But if that 06 engine is worn out, any of those 3 Power adders will kill it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts