Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GS Motorsports just debuted their new website and they are shipping complete Hemi S/C kits for the HEMI engine. They have one that promises 500 RWHP.

Here's the link: http://www.gsmotorsports.com/

I'm assumming this will work for the Charger as well, which is very cool. It' based on a Paxton blower.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hopefully they're still working on the website... Navigating and product descriptions need some work.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I think they are. It just debuted last night.

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
alextaylor29 said:
GS Motorsports just debuted their new website and they are shipping complete Hemi S/C kits for the HEMI engine. They have one that promises 500 RWHP.
500 RWHP?!? WOW!!!

:D

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Interesting, I wonder if the MDS raises any concerns for engine mods though. Maybe not, but if a S/C is tuned to deliver boost to 8 cylinders and the car is only working on 4, might that be a problem?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of MDS is that it cuts fuel to cylinders, but air still passes through. If that's true, the supercharger would still deliver the same amount of air, but only some of it would burn. MDS should also only shut down cylinders at low throttle. So with the throttle almost closed (cruising), the throttle is already limiting the superchargers air path to the engine.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
"The system deactivates the valve lifters. This keeps the valves in four cylinders closed, and there is no combustion. In addition to stopping combustion, energy is not lost by pumping air through these cylinders."

Source: Allpar

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/new-mopar-hemi.html

"Now, the outer sleeve continues to follow the camshaft lobe, but the inner portion of the lifter just floats. This results in no pushrod movement, so the valve springs keep the valves closed. Spark and fuel for the respective MDS cylinders are shut off, and now the engine is in 4-cylinder mode."

Source: Popular Mechanics

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/auto_technology/1266926.html?page=1&c=y

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have seen the Rumble Concept (was developed in my next of the woods) and it was using the KB 2000 kit and piggyback computer. It pushed over 517-rwHP. Just amazing these motors can do. Though, I don't know the longevity on usage....

·
Registered
832 Posts
I want an old school blower stickin out the hood. Chrome :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Cool, thanks for answering the question about MDS gents. Who needs a 6.1L eh? When you can get a 5.7L S/C and still get MDS for the mileage =].

Now I just need to make sure I can order the R/T with the SRT hood.

·
Registered
832 Posts
srt4evah said:
Cool, thanks for answering the question about MDS gents. Who needs a 6.1L eh? When you can get a 5.7L S/C and still get MDS for the mileage =].

Now I just need to make sure I can order the R/T with the SRT hood.
WHAT???? No that not what you say. first, Performance comes before gas mileage :mad: . Second, who needs a S/C 5.7L when you can get a S/C 6.1L :D . Third don't be a posser just buy the SRT.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
RonRacer said:
WHAT???? No that not what you say. first, Performance comes before gas mileage :mad: . Second, who needs a S/C 5.7L when you can get a S/C 6.1L :D . Third don't be a posser just buy the SRT.
unfortunatly, You would have to change out the pistons on the 6.1 because of the high c.r....That would send the price out of the reach of most customers.. as far as gas milage when it hits 3.00+ this summer will see what comes first. If they can deliver what they promise, those s/c kits look pretty sick...500 rwhp vs about 335 for the srt-8, srt killer would be an understatement :eek: My desktop dyno and performance sim says 0-60 in 4.0 and a 1/4 mile in 12.2 @ 118.3.... but will the trans hold up?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I love the SRT-8, but if I could get more power and the looks of it for less money, well DUH. I'd be happy with a S/C RT getting more power and better gas mileage. I hate the idea of paying $2100 just to own the 6.1L.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
SRT-killer, maybe, but it'll cost comprable, I'll bet, once suppporting mods are accounted for. Those tubular headers on the SRT are pretty slick, and will cost a penny to match.
And of course, the suspension stuff should be added in:)

The key, as always, is power under the curve. A short 500 hp peak compared to a 425 plateu can be quite a difference.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
GLHS, true about the area under the curve being important, but S/C applications tend to be almost as linear as N/A. I doubt it will be peaky like a turbo...

·
Registered
832 Posts
chargershed said:
as far as gas milage when it hits 3.00+ this summer will see what comes first.
Don't jinks us please :(

·
Registered
832 Posts
I would think that 425 number would also be at the peak.?.
Ya'll know how manufacturers think. they probly waited for prefect conditions and ran it till it died so they coul say "peak performance is 425hp" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I look foward to hearing more about the possibility of this supercharger option for the 5.7 liter hemi.

The downside of buying the supercharger option versus the SRT8 directly from the factory is that you give up your warranty from the manufacturer....unless the supercharger aftermarket kit is like the one I've seen from magnacharger where they offer as a 200 dollar option a 36K/36month full drivetrain warranty...

For those that already own a 300C or magnum Hemi and don't want to trade in and take a hit just to get the 425 hp motor...

This supercharger is an interesting option.

I believe the 425 hp srt8 from the factory is a hell of a package..

Probably the best in the marketplace right now.

The Dodge Charger SRT8 that we've seen sure is one hell of a car..

The police package looks bad @SS too!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
RonRacer said:
I would think that 425 number would also be at the peak.?.
Ya'll know how manufacturers think. they probly waited for prefect conditions and ran it till it died so they coul say "peak performance is 425hp" :rolleyes:
Oh, it's peak, but from our experience, when SRT gives an hp number, it's wheel. At least in SRT-4s, all listed ratings have ended up as wheel becuase they test in absolute worst case conditions. Heat soaked, high altitude, crappy gas, you name it.

Just wait for the owner dynos, then we'll see for sure. The 300C guys should start turning them in soon.

See this from KB, interesting......

"UPDATE: Kenne Bell will not offer a supercharger kit for the '03 Hemi. In our opinion, the '03 ECM prohibits the use of any supercharger kit - at least to Kenne Bell standards. We are, however, working hard on the '04 Hemi trucks. If we are successful, then we will look at the Magnum, Durango and the 300."

1 - 20 of 26 Posts