Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to why we don't hear very many on here running the Kenne Bell supercharger setup? From their website:

·
Registered
677 Posts
1 year ago they would not touch an lx now they offer a kit? They brag about running 12 psi or more on stock internals thats brave. Most stock hemis break at 7-9 psi 10-11 track use only. I'm not saying they make a bad product their older stuff was top notch. I just feel they are exaggerating their claims. I just dont see 12psi on a stock 6.1 lasting for long. A few trips to the track maybe but not daily driver. 6-7 psi great 10+ I think your looking at gs motorsports style engines regardless of claims. Stock hemis are not designed for boost.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
i have heard nothing but good things about kenne bell ...i mean from the charts you posted and the image. that should answer your question to and extent

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I met a guy at Beach Burger who had a Kenne Bell Challenger putting down 526RWHP. I don't remember how much boost he was running but i know it wasn't 10-12 PSI. The car is his daily driver.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
I met a guy at Beach Burger who had a Kenne Bell Challenger putting down 526RWHP. I don't remember how much boost he was running but i know it wasn't 10-12 PSI. The car is his daily driver.
crazy stuff right there

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
i think the only reason is because its pretty expensive isnt it?

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Yep!..It's expensive...but they have come up with a solution to the A/F at partial thotle..On LX, they have several running the KB..

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
A special vacuum tank and remapping using another map sensor, theres a right up about it on LX.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool - I didn't know much about the price. It's just that KB has been around forever and I wondered why they haven't been very popular on the LX platform

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm running a KB. Although my car is not a daily driver and it has forged internal's, there several LX's running these on stock internal's. The price certainly has a lot to do with it but, it’s probably one of the most efficient S/C out there and could be driven as a daily driver. I'm currently not running the sensitive throttle WOT unit but, will be having it installed next week which should further improve drivability.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^^Let us know how throttle WOT unit works out :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
How about the Magnuson kit that is out now. It sounds like a killer kit. Its really quiet and uses less drag to turn it. Its the same type that is on the ZR1 Vette.

·
Registered
575 Posts
STR8Tech, Best time 4.26 on what? 0-60? I know it ain't the 1/8th mile.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
STR8Tech, Best time 4.26 on what? 0-60? I know it ain't the 1/8th mile.
Actually my best time for the 0-60 is now 4.10. I havent updated my avatar. That was with no wheel spin so it is a true EVIC 0-60 time. Its not a fake wheel spin 0-60 time. LOL

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Adam at ST motorsports ran his STOCK BLOCK Chally for 1,000 of miles at 15psi+ of boost....he een drive it to Ohio...

That validates KB's claims
That's awesome! :rocker:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts