Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is GS Motorsports the only one out there that has a supercharger for the Charger? Does anyone know of anyone else that is in the development stages or coming out with a Supercharger Package soon? (Vortech, Paxton, Whipple, Magna Charger?)

-Thanks-

·
Registered
66 Posts
i would wait for procharger, vortech/paxton, or whipple etc

you will get a complete tested kit, that is SAFE and not released before it is completely tested and verified ready to go

·
Registered
263 Posts
I called Vortech about a supercharger and the dude told me they weren't going to compete with a sister company (Paxton) on thier s/c (GSM does something to it). I'm like what? I have been seriously kicking around the idea of a s/c, and the guys over at GSM have been great, but I really don't think I can drop $5400 on it.

This is what I think, there is only (at the current time) one s/c manufacture for the new Charger right now, so the market is theirs. Once another company makes thier debut, it will drive the price down. The more companies, the lower the price.

I mean, come on...Vortech makes a s/c for a Mustang that I can get for for under 4 large.

The ProCharger will definately kick ass. On the mustang, it produces up to a 75% HP gain...I mean dagum!

I'll have to call them tomorrow...

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yeah that is the only thing that sucks about our cars.....the aftermarket is just kicking off....i think the aftermarket really never caught on fire for the mags. and the 300s but with the introduction of the charger....it should go crazy. just my opinion and i hope i am right b/c i need more mods...beginning to slow down here on things to install. s/c is up there on my list when the warranty quits on me......

·
Registered
263 Posts
GoDaddy said:
...and i hope i am right b/c i need more mods.......
Bro...LMAO...all I could think of when I read this was Beavis and Butthead saying somthing similar...remember the shows were Beavis is enraged and yelling "Fire! Fire!...Yeah....Fire!"

"Mods! Mods! I need more Mods!...yeah...MODS!"

totally with you though...I think my OCD is in overdrive...lol.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
lmao......that is hilarious.....and way to close to the truth. :happy:

·
Registered
92 Posts
ati wont do a kit for the charger, trust me.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Okay, just off the phone with ProCharger...the rep told me that they have NO plans as of now to make a s/c for the 06 Charger. Well, my initail thought was, that blows. She said a BIG reason was the ECM can't be cracked right now. Damn Daimler Chrysler...be a pal and let you sh!t be cracked...lol.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
well this goes against a thread over at lxforums.com that says they are on it and will have it out soon.....yeah right, whatever.....the wait continues and i refuse to get excited about a programmer until i see one available...all of the he said, she said crap sucks.....how is the hang over by the way??????

·
Registered
263 Posts
GoDaddy said:
well this goes against a thread over at lxforums.com that says they are on it and will have it out soon.....yeah right, whatever.....the wait continues and i refuse to get excited about a programmer until i see one available...all of the he said, she said crap sucks.....how is the hang over by the way??????
Brother, I stopped getting hangovers when I was in the Army...thats during a time when we have did about two good days of stright drinkin at a time...

Like I said... I am immune... :rockon:

But, I agree, the he said she said sh!t is wearing on my nerves...I wouldn't hold my breath for it, nor would I hold a piss for it either...

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
man i remember drinking all night, then returning in the wee hours of the night....waking up in a drunken stupor....fumbling to formation at 600 and then running for 5 or 6 miles............i can barely get out of bed right now, much less try to walk (of course the back has everything to do with it though).

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here is the response from Vortech that I received today:

Vortech does not offer a supercharger for Hemi powered vehicles. Please contact GS Motorsports, as they have co-developed a supercharger kit for the Hemi platform with our sister company, Paxton Automotive.
and don't get me wrong, I have nothing against GSM or anyone else for that matter, I just like some competition...lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't remeber where I saw it, a thread a few days ago, saying that some members were having problems with GS Motorsports. Something with customer service and them not getting back to them. Really makes me wonder if I want to hand over "5" grand to them?:confused:

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Bluonyx said:
I don't remeber where I saw it, a thread a few days ago, saying that some members were having problems with GS Motorsports. Something with customer service and them not getting back to them. Really makes me wonder if I want to hand over "5" grand to them?:confused:
go to LXForums

There was no problem with customer service for those who bought the blower. The problem was allegedly on those who bought the $200 module that cuts off the ESP and lowers the fan on temp

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MCaesar said:
go to LXForums

There was no problem with customer service for those who bought the blower. The problem was allegedly on those who bought the $200 module that cuts off the ESP and lowers the fan on temp
Thanks for clearing that up MCaesar. :)

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Bluonyx said:
Thanks for clearing that up MCaesar. :)
Overall the supercharger customers have reported good experiences with one exception. One person blew up their motor and has to do a tear down. GSM is assisting in the process and I am not sure of who is paying for what.

Lets just understand that with the locked down code for the engine management system and the lack of a proper mass air flow sensor on the hemi, all modifications are tricky at this time.

·
Registered
549 Posts
MCaesar said:
Lets just understand that with the locked down code for the engine management system and the lack of a proper mass air flow sensor on the hemi, all modifications are tricky at this time.
Hence the reason I am back pedaling and just getting an SRT-8 which has the performance and looks I want......and I could live with the gas milage issue but an upgraded intake and exhaust would help get some of that back. I just can see myself turning the Charger R/T into a huge money pit like I have done before in search of performance.

Later

1 - 20 of 20 Posts