Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I made it out to track today (Sunday) to put down some new times with a 75shot of nitrous.

First I'd like to say thanks to the guy (sorry name slipped my mind) that showed up in a Super Bada$$ 300 Hemi C that ran the 1320 in 13.20 @ like 108mph. He had heads, camshaft, headers, stall converter and custom tune from Josh and the guys at HHP.

My first run on motor was [email protected] mph. Smoked the tires in first gear off the line.

Heres what I'm running: 25cent fan mod; 180 thermostat, Flowmaster 40's, and 17inch steel sxt wheels all the way around. Out back is Nitto 555 drag radials sized 275/45/17. Nitrous is 75hp wet shot.

Run #2 Staged Manual (let car upshift),esp off, brake torqued to 1200 rpm, left in 1st gear on motor with nitrous at 2nd gear shift thru qtr. [email protected]

Run #3 Staged manual(let car upshift), esp off, brake torqued to 1200 rpm, left in 1st gear on motor but nitrous in 1st after hooking up and thru qtr. [email protected]

Run#4 Staged manual(let car shift), esp off, brake torqued to 1500 rpm, left on motor in 1st but nitrous immediately after hooking up. Broke tires loose first into second. [email protected]

I was by far one of the fastest street cars out there today. Got major inquiries and second and third looks. Vettes, camaros, mustangs wanted nothing to do with me. As I drove back down the return road back to my pit area, I could hear people talking about how my superbee could be so fast. One guy even insisted I was shooting at least a 150 shot to get those times. I'll say it again as i have before. Gearing! These casr are frigging fast as they are, but dont really come alive until the gearing issue is addressed. I know alot of guys like the stock look, and want to run fast with the 20's, but the reality is the power is there and just has to tapped by using the smaller and lighter wheels. Also, my car gets plenty of thumbs ups when sitting on the 17inch black wheels. They say it looks like its out to handle business. Proof? Timeslips in the Timeslip section under SuperBeeMe.

Here is the Timeslip and pictures of car.

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/aubywauby/?action=view&current=IMG00081.jpg
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/aubywauby/?action=view&current=IMG00066.jpg
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/aubywauby/?action=view&current=IMG00079.jpg
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/aubywauby/?action=view&current=IMG00069.jpg
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/aubywauby/?action=view&current=IMG00067.jpg
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/aubywauby/?action=view&current=IMG00071.jpg

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
Nice runs. I agree with the gearing. Kept stock 18's on mine, but powdercoated black.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I thought 17's wouldn't clear the rear brakes on SRT-8's?

AWESOME times by the way.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They clear the backs just fine. For the front I have 1inch adapters that move the wheel farther out and clears the calipers.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
They clear the backs just fine. For the front I have 1inch adapters that move the wheel farther out and clears the calipers.

I currently have Nitto 555R 305/45 18's and once those are worn out I'm seriously thinking of changing to BFG KDW2 295/35 18's which are 2 1/2'' smaller OD than the stock tires.

·
Registered
350 Posts
that "guy" was me Daren...thanks for the compliments on my 300C. Next time out I will bring my Plum Crazy SRT8.

NICE FRIGGIN TIMES!!! I was wondering what you'd do with the juice and the drags in the back!! Your car, in my opinion, was the best looking street car there.

As for me..just had time for one quick pass. Just got to see him run his first pass at 13.1..

First time ever at a track and didn't really have time to do everything like I wanted..didn't lower the rear tire pressure, didn't turn off the fans, etcc. And to make matters worse, had to run against one of the sub 9 cars (I was surprised how many of the cars were trailered in and were not even street legal--like 90%) Anyway..couldn't hear anything --that car next to me was SOOO loud--so have no idea how my launch was going..I do it mostly by sound. (guy ran an 8.29 @153)

So...low 13s at 108 for a first try isn't too bad..but I am sure this car is a 12 something.

Anyway..hope to see you there next weekend with a little luck and some decent weather...your car is magnificent!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These guys are killing me over at the SRT8oc website saying that I'm lying and that the timeslips arent mine. Wow. I didnt think I was a bad guy until I met this bunch. They really did blow my high. I really enjoyed meeting you and hope we can hook up again and run. Theres a guy calling me out at the other site to prove it to him and his constituents by running again at lapeer. I told him n/p. Let me know if youre interested in coming out one day.

Daren

·
Registered
350 Posts
These guys are killing me over at the SRT8oc website saying that I'm lying and that the timeslips arent mine. Wow. I didnt think I was a bad guy until I met this bunch. They really did blow my high. I really enjoyed meeting you and hope we can hook up again and run. Theres a guy calling me out at the other site to prove it to him and his constituents by running again at lapeer. I told him n/p. Let me know if youre interested in coming out one day.

Daren
I would love to go out there and run some passes..I know my car hs a lot more in it.

maybe I should go the the site and testify on your behalf...what is it..srt8oc??

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nice times!!!

Hey arent those steel wheels heavy?
yes...most of the guys running my mods are hitting the 12.75 area...but running drag radials...no doubt thats killing me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I run on the street also, but this was first time out with nos.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How's it going buddy? I'm over here try to save what little bit of my a$$ I have left after those guys at SRT8 go ahold of me. By the way, thanks for the support. I needed a voice of reason to kinda neutralize things. As far as the car goes, its fine. Pulled the plugs a few minutes ago...nothing other than normal wear. No meltdown or complete failure like some of the guys wanted to hear. No blown head gaskets or running hot. Still running great. I am however gonna hold off on the nos and do a little more research to better understand how everything works together. Check out my other responses at the other site when you get a chance. Daren

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great times SuperbeeMe,

My wife and I really enjoy seeing how well everyone does with the mods they have on their Chargers. Keep posting your numbers when you go each time. And the rest of us will brag about them for you!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts