·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
hahahahaha this is a good one
"So fire-up the Super Bee’s honking 6.1-liter Hemi and a baby seal dies somewhere."

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
hahahahaha this is a good one
"So fire-up the Super Bee’s honking 6.1-liter Hemi and a baby seal dies somewhere."
Jeez. Every time I start up my '78, an entire species becomes extinct. So what's he complaining about?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I happen to think the interior is pretty nice, myself.

Reading some of the comments made, you realize alot of them have no idea what they're talking about.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Well he's right about the interior. Even my plasticky 80s GTA has better feel on at least 50% of it's interior surfaces... the other 50% would be on par or in a few cases slightly below the Charger's. Even the crappy outdated interiors in my Marauders looked a *tad* more substantial.

While I'm no fan of the overall SuperBee look (I respect it, but it's just not for me), I can't agree with him about the cheapness of the decals. I assume my Daytona's decals have the same pedigree, and they've stood up to 2 summers and 1 winter with absolutely minimal care and they still look brand new.

As for the environmental crap, while I'm definitely pro-environment (for my own personal reasons), I'd like to think I'm also realistic in acknowledging that today's performance motors are able to achieve Low Emissions Vehicle status fairly easily. I doubt as much effort and money was invested in similar engineering for cheap Kia and Hyundai motors, so if anything I'd be willing to bet that we put out less "per-cubic-inch" emissions with our performance motors than they do. But I have absolutely no proof of this and may be completely wrong, I don't know.

Handling-wise: well, it's no secret that I'm less than impressed with the Charger's underpinnings. So I'd best not comment on that... I guess everything is relative, for many it's probably the best and most comfortable handler, but there are and have been cars with better comfort-to-handling ratios, I can promise you that.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I don't get where he says this car doesn't handle. I live at the end of a 5 mile twisty canyon and I have a blast blowing through the canyon at speeds faster than my ex-car 05 G35 who this same guy probably drooled all over.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Somewhere there might be a more ignorant car reviewer

I just don't know where.

it's no secret that I'm less than impressed with the Charger's underpinnings
Coming from a Trans Am driver?

That is funny

·
Registered
622 Posts
Ha!

I actually found this an entertaining read.

Besides some of the authors "whining", some of his comments are funny.

I'm kinda glad he is offended by our so called Genre of driver.

I had my cutouts half open yesterday and some guy with his wife was giving me so much visual nastiness, I had to slow next to him and throw a rev. :lol:

Now if you will excuse me I need to find my hairspray and a lighter so I can ignite my hair and go drive my charger. :lol:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Be warned, if you own a Bee this'll prolly P155 you off. Big time.
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=5279
PS: Don't shoot the messenger...
-=FLEX=-
What a fool. He obviously has a sweet spot for the small, sporty imports. The SRT-8 is not in that market. BTW, the Acura TL that he seems to like goes for about 2-5k less than the SRT8, has roughly the same skidpad and slalom ratings, has a puny 286 horsepower, and is still a smallish mid-size, front wheel-drive car.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Somewhere there might be a more ignorant car reviewer

I just don't know where
RIght on!! And I still don't understand the negative comments about the interior. I guess I'm a bit of a minimalist, but I like it, and it's easy to keep clean? Dated? WTF? Yeah, cars with an EVIC, 0-60 timers, etc, that's real dated....sheeesh....:confused:

And while it's no Ferrari, I think it handles pretty nice myself.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Handling-wise: well, it's no secret that I'm less than impressed with the Charger's underpinnings. So I'd best not comment on that... I guess everything is relative, for many it's probably the best and most comfortable handler, but there are and have been cars with better comfort-to-handling ratios, I can promise you that.
Are you alluding to the handling of your R/T that you are not commenting on? We be talkin' about SRT-8's handling here, Super Bees to be exact.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Are you alluding to the handling of your R/T that you are not commenting on? We be talkin' about SRT-8's handling here, Super Bees to be exact.
Exactly

The SRT8 that will easily outhandle the Trans Am.

"Oh...there's bumps in these roads? Better park the TA"

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Coming from a Trans Am driver?

That is funny
Coming from someone completely ignorant of automobiles besides the magazine reviews, your comment holds as much water as a torn kleenex.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Agreed. No doubt the SRT-8 outhandles the R/T. I am wondering if it rides worse than the R/T for that improvement in handling. If it outhandles the R/T while riding better than the R/T, then my hat goes off to the SRT8 suspension.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Exactly

The SRT8 that will easily outhandle the Trans Am.

"Oh...there's bumps in these roads? Better park the TA"
I checked my magazine articles for that reference. Can't find it anywhere, can you point me to where you got that quote? Cause I'm sure it didn't come from your own personal experience.

"easily outhandle the Trans Am" will surely bring up lots of skidpad numbers from your extensive and impressive magazine collection. On the other hand, there is something called the "real world". Look for it, it's an interesting experience.

Can some of the folks who've gone from R&T R/T cars to SRT8s comment on the relative change in ride between the two cars?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.